Without magic, I find the only real way to fight spear users is parry fish.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Without magic, I find the only real way to fight spear users is parry fish.

User Info: Kinetical

Kinetical
4 years ago#1
Which I do not like to over use.

But without magic and parrying, what is good against spear users? The dragon poking device annoys and you can't parry it from a far :(
I've been in my body for years.

User Info: lucky_sharm19

lucky_sharm19
4 years ago#2
Fast roll + Ultra Greatsword pokes work well against them. Sometimes you can catch them off guard with a Hail Mary pivot WD R1.

Another way is the good ol' poise tank Halberd + Leo Ring build. Guess when they'll poke and trade hits with the Halberd. Chances are, they'll drop dead before you do.
PSN: GSPhantom
Shall we dance, my darling?

User Info: Kinetical

Kinetical
4 years ago#3
lucky_sharm19 posted...
Fast roll + Ultra Greatsword pokes work well against them. Sometimes you can catch them off guard with a Hail Mary pivot WD R1.

Another way is the good ol' poise tank Halberd + Leo Ring build. Guess when they'll poke and trade hits with the Halberd. Chances are, they'll drop dead before you do.

I shall try this and if it works, I will praise you in song, and call out your name during...dinner.
I've been in my body for years.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Without magic, I find the only real way to fight spear users is parry fish.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived