Glass Canon Mage build question.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Glass Canon Mage build question.

User Info: vash520

vash520
4 years ago#1
So, i started a mage and got my intel to 50, i noticed that while i was doing good damage, i didn't have enough spells my first playthrough.. after i got a pyromancy glove, i noticed my damage was considerably higher and could fare well against bosses.. i decided to add a the red tearstone ring i think it's called and I 2 shot sif by mistake, before i even knew what was happening. The game has been out for quite some time, so i imagine people not only know but exploit this to get ahead in NG+ and maybe even SL 1 builds. My question is that since you pretty much become a boss killing machine that leaves you open to the rest of the level, where if you build pure damage with int/dex anything can 1 shot you if you don't have the right gear on.. so do you go for endurance and vitality? Do you make a magic weapon and use that to clear the level? If so, do i use something quick like a rapier? Just some questions I had, thank you.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

User Info: Phantom0708

Phantom0708
4 years ago#2
If you're using the red tearstone ring, slap power within on yourself and you'll be one-shotting bosses with both effects active
GT: Devilwillcry42 PSN: Raidoukuzunoha42
My name is Kanji Tatsumi, you said I like dudes, prepare to die.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Glass Canon Mage build question.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived