Is this what this game community has always been like?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Is this what this game community has always been like?

User Info: Mur96

Mur96
3 months ago#1
I've been playing Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 for like, two years now. My experience with PvP is not that great but I'm more into Fashion Souls than spinning and winning all the time. I consider myself pretty good at the games, or at least pretty good at PvE in general. That being said, there has always been a general opinion about the community: Its too serious business, too critical with new players, and all that.

I was sure this were just a minority of people in the community. But this video... man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZGAroxjnqA

He's a streamer. He plays alot of different games, a lot of them he can enjoy... just not this one. And it's not because he's bad at it (he's playing pretty safe for being it's first time). It's because the chat was so f***ing obnoxious about it. A lot of arrogant pricks s***ting at Vinny because "he has to git gud". I get its a meme and all but man, he's a newbie in these kind of games. A lot of people just cannot understand the fact hey had a first run too... its so sad the community is almost half a******s.

User Info: haarlem1982

haarlem1982
3 months ago#2
Lets just say that anybody worth a damn in this community will never use the phrase git gud in a serious manner, that's mostly the cawadoodies that think they get a bigger epeen from beating a game like this.
Listen to Haarlem, he may be a cheeky bastard, but he is full of correct info - Chaon
psn ScrubbyMcCasul

User Info: Daimeion

Daimeion
3 months ago#3
"git gud" was never really a serious phrase. It's suppose to have a joke-ish feel to it, and if the person was really serious then they probably wouldn't be using that. They would probably just say it outright like, "You need to get better at this game" or "You are horrible at this", etc.
Also, do keep in mind that word text can be difficult to interpret because you simply don't know the nature of the tone when they said, "git gud".
Kind of like, "I'm going to kill you".

Anyhow, there are people here who can help/address both PVP or PVE issues.

You have nothing to worry about ;)

User Info: chefbobby203

chefbobby203
3 months ago#4
The community has always been helpful to me, especially ftw chat. Every game has its putzes

Mur96
3 months ago#5
I get everything you've said to me. But let's be honest here: The Dark Souls idiotic fanbase populates all video-related sites like Twitch and YouTube. Mostly Twitch. No wonder why their comment sections are 50% cancer.

In game-related boards like this, it's pretty hard to meet a****** people. At least I haven't. People is mostly helpful and really polite. Is outside of the videogame realm that these idiots start being idiots.

In all seriousness tho, I think the existence of those tryhard fans is the commercial antics From has been doing with the series. The fact a Dark Souls "Prepare to Die Edition" exists as a whole is really pedantic.

User Info: Daimeion

Daimeion
3 months ago#6
Mur96 posted...
I get everything you've said to me. But let's be honest here: The Dark Souls idiotic fanbase populates all video-related sites like Twitch and YouTube. Mostly Twitch. No wonder why their comment sections are 50% cancer.

I honestly don't think that's it.

Let me ask you this, have you ever tried reading comments from the comment section from ANY live video on Youtube in general?

User Info: chefbobby203

chefbobby203
3 months ago#7
Daimeion posted...
Mur96 posted...

I honestly don't think that's it.

Let me ask you this, have you ever tried reading comments from the comment section from ANY live video on Youtube in general?

Exactly. Any time my roommate sees me watching a live stream he's like "the video was fine other than the god awful nonsense spewing from the chat feed"

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
3 months ago#8
As a Scrublord, I lack the authority to be an elitist.
How can I become an internet rough guy?
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

Mur96
3 months ago#9
Ok ok, I was very critical about it. Sorry if it sounded like I was ripping the whole community apart. I mean, from my luck and knowledge, DS Fans around are pretty nice, yet some certain times elitist, people. I've been talking about the games with fans from 4 or 5 boards over the internet, so, there goes that. Although. even if stream and videos chat are pretty stupid and inmature (like it was part of their nature), I can't still dig the fact DS fans lurking these sites always show themselves really obnoxious. Especially with newbies of the game.

User Info: tombrady3to1

tombrady3to1
3 months ago#10
Like any community there are some idiots
I'd rather lose for free than pay to win.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Is this what this game community has always been like?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived