Capra demon was suppose to be hard?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Capra demon was suppose to be hard?

User Info: SectionX2

SectionX2
1 month ago#1
Destroyed in 2 casts of heavy great soul rays. Man it is so much fun wrecking with sorceries. Why do people go melee?

User Info: Daimeion

Daimeion
4 weeks ago#2
I don't know, because you can actually kill it even before entering the fog gate.

User Info: CHAON1

CHAON1
4 weeks ago#3
Pre patch he would have killed you the second you crossed the fog

User Info: magikid

magikid
4 weeks ago#4
It's because of the first ten seconds. Capra rushes you, and then a dog hits you, and while you're stunned he does a big power hit and you're dead before you had a chance to do anything. That combined with the long run back is why I think it's a poor fight.

If you have a strong shield, or poise, or you know how to roll in just the right way then yeah, no problem.
MagiKid - Wielder of the Soup Spoon
"KEYLESS ENTER!!!" - Junpei, Megatokyo
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: chefbobby203

chefbobby203
4 weeks ago#5
Why melee? Because it also can do some gnarly damage, and is more reliable in pvp than magic
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: pelethar

pelethar
4 weeks ago#6
Also because it's more fun and engaging,at least in my opinion. I've only tried a Mage build once in this game and I abandoned it bored before the end. Frying enemies from a mile away just started to feel a bit samey.
PSN - pelethar

User Info: magikid

magikid
4 weeks ago#7
Yeah, there's really not much variation in full INT sorcery playthroughs. You get Soul Arrow, work your way up to Crystal Soul Spear, then Dark Bead at the end if you feel like it. It's super satisfying to do it once, but your development is just a straight line with no branches.

Unless you go Magic Weapon, I guess. I intentionally keep my INT a bit lower when I do that so I don't have to ask myself "Why am I not just blasting it to death."
MagiKid - Wielder of the Soup Spoon
"KEYLESS ENTER!!!" - Junpei, Megatokyo

User Info: Daimeion

Daimeion
4 weeks ago#8
magikid posted...
Yeah, there's really not much variation in full INT sorcery playthroughs. You get Soul Arrow, work your way up to Crystal Soul Spear, then Dark Bead at the end if you feel like it. It's super satisfying to do it once, but your development is just a straight line with no branches.

Unless you go Magic Weapon, I guess. I intentionally keep my INT a bit lower when I do that so I don't have to ask myself "Why am I not just blasting it to death."

What's ironic is that sorcery builds loses hard to faith players. Whenever I invade someone I immediately cast Great Magic Barrier if I see them with the Crown of Dusk, or casting a "Soul Mass" spell in advance, in which they always do.

After the fight, I usually message them with a message, "Great Magic Barrier-ed!".

User Info: StickyHairdoo

StickyHairdoo
4 weeks ago#9
Daimeion posted...
I don't know, because you can actually kill it even before entering the fog gate.

??
"It's hard to be this fly when you're in a rotisserie." -A Great Man

User Info: McSwordy

McSwordy
4 weeks ago#10
StickyHairdoo posted...
Daimeion posted...

??

Firebombs from outside the fog gate. 15 of them to be exact. Otherwise, you can use 6 firebombs and 4 black firebombs(regular NG).
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Capra demon was suppose to be hard?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.