Batwing Demons in Anor Londo

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Batwing Demons in Anor Londo

User Info: StickyHairdoo

StickyHairdoo
2 months ago#1
Why, oh why do the Batwing Demons in Sens Fortress fly you up to Anor Londo.? Do they have some sort of deal set up with the gods.?

It makes even less sense that the Batwings that are actually in Anor Londo attack you on sight. So there are actually just these two (or three, can't remember) that are docile, and pick you up for a ride.
"It's hard to be this fly when you're in a rotisserie." -A Great Man

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
2 months ago#2
DeS asset reuse.
You can even see it as late as Bloodborne.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

User Info: HaVeNII7

HaVeNII7
2 months ago#3
IIRC after Sens Fortress there was originally going to be a large labyrinth leading up to Anor Londo, which the player would have to slowly figure out. You can even see a door past Sens leading into the mountain I believe.

Unfortunately it was cut due to time constraints.
PSN/Steam: HaVeNII7

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
2 months ago#4
Funny how, in the age of DLC add ons, they couldn't find a way to implement cut content like that.
The meaning of life is to suffer and be miserable.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.

User Info: Daimeion

Daimeion
2 months ago#5
Alltra posted...
Funny how, in the age of DLC add ons, they couldn't find a way to implement cut content like that.

Because it would contradict the need for the Demons to lift and fly you up to Anor Londo, which has already been established.

User Info: TheArgonianKing

TheArgonianKing
2 months ago#6
I always thought it would be kinda funny if while the player character is inspecting the ring of light, the iron golem re-formed and straight up threw him up there.
PSN: DOVAH4LYFE
I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad/Got sunshine, in a bag/I'm useless, but not for long/The future, it's coming on

User Info: TheArgonianKing

TheArgonianKing
2 months ago#7
Daimeion posted...
Alltra posted...

Because it would contradict the need for the Demons to lift and fly you up to Anor Londo, which has already been established.

Unlockable shortcut, anyone?
PSN: DOVAH4LYFE
I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad/Got sunshine, in a bag/I'm useless, but not for long/The future, it's coming on

User Info: pelethar

pelethar
2 months ago#8
HaVeNII7 posted...
IIRC after Sens Fortress there was originally going to be a large labyrinth leading up to Anor Londo, which the player would have to slowly figure out. You can even see a door past Sens leading into the mountain I believe.

Unfortunately it was cut due to time constraints.

That would have been great. I always thought it was a shame that AL is cut off from the rest of the world, and the batwing taxi service feels artificial AF.
PSN - pelethar

User Info: StickyHairdoo

StickyHairdoo
2 months ago#9
A labyrinth kind of area would've been pretty sick I think
"It's hard to be this fly when you're in a rotisserie." -A Great Man
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Batwing Demons in Anor Londo

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived