Starting on NG+ and Gravelord Infected to weaken a magic build?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Starting on NG+ and Gravelord Infected to weaken a magic build?

User Info: xXDarkxIdealsXx

xXDarkxIdealsXx
2 months ago#1
So the main reason I hate playing magic builds in this game is their obvious OP nature. It just sucks the fun out of the game for me. But I always wanted to play like a Velka's Talisman faith/mage etc.. and never did it due to those concerns.

I'm playing on the PC version currently so I can simply mod my save to be NG+ or NG+2 etc... and gravelorded if I want. I was considering doing this to offset the damage of magic attacks a bit, and was curious if anyone has tried this and knows how much difference it'd really make. I never was a fan of SL1 challenges much since they limit your weapon, spell, armor etc.. options quite a bit, so something like this is more up my alley to make a magic-using character at least somewhat challenging.

User Info: HopkickCityBoiz

HopkickCityBoiz
2 months ago#2
At proper stats for it? Not much of a difference at all, outside of certain areas and bosses.
uf4 uf4 uf4 uf4 uf4
Official Onyx Blade of the Dark Souls 3 board

User Info: xXDarkxIdealsXx

xXDarkxIdealsXx
2 months ago#3
HopkickCityBoiz posted...
At proper stats for it? Not much of a difference at all, outside of certain areas and bosses.

Ah right. I should also mention that I'm not making some overpowered PVP build using crown of dusk + bellowing dragoncrest ring + tin crystallization catalyst etc..etc... like many people do. I'm not even making a full 50 int character etc... I'm probably just gonna make a PVE-only character with some stupid but fun stat layout like

20-25 Vitality
20-25 Endurance
19-23 Attunement
16 Strength
20 Dexterity
36 Intelligence
30 Faith

And then increase Vit, End, Str, and Dex as needed. MIGHT try 44 int for crystal soul spear if it isn't doing a ton of damage already at 36.

Basically just wanting to test out a character that uses a velka type style meaning i can use a couple choice pyro's and sorceries as well as velka themed miracles (So like say: Black Flame, Pursuers, Soul Spear, Wrath of God, Karmic Justice etc... or something similar)

And of course I could go anywhere from NG+1 all the way to NG+7 if i wanted to. Just wondering if there's a level of difficulty where it'd make a non-optimized general magic using character decently challenging. I'll still be using melee weapons about half to two-thirds of the time anyway as well.

User Info: Daimeion

Daimeion
2 months ago#4
At those stats, I recommend NG+2 or +3.
And if you are very familiar with the game, then add Perma Gravelord Mod also.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Starting on NG+ and Gravelord Infected to weaken a magic build?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived