This Game Has Not Aged Well.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. This Game Has Not Aged Well.

User Info: Heavyscale

Heavyscale
1 month ago#41
SolidKnight posted...
Heavyscale posted...
If i have complaint about the first is that some of the mechanic is really unrefined. Things like weapon upgrade path(magic vs enchanted), weapon and class balance (most greataxes and greatclubs are bad, which directly affect str build). Otherwise the game is fine. I personally think they should update the weapon balance like in 3 before dumping it permanently.

From Software has been historically bad at making things statistically insane.

Resistance mathematically was nothing more than a stat dedicated to raising resistance to poison which wasn't common encountered.

Magic/Enchanted being largely the same thing except with the generally superior path being the easier and faster one to get. Fire/Chaos being pointless. Should have just had Chaos.

Weapons where the rarer/higher investment option was statistically inferior to another weapon. E.g. Demon's Great Hammer versus Giant Club. "Here's a much heavier weapon that has significantly less AR and no perks." Thanks From. Doesn't even do more poise damage.

Agree with all that, also most boss weapons are inferior gimmick. I would have content if boss weapons are gimmicky but at least they should be useful.
FFBE ID: 996 500 347

User Info: Fisto_

Fisto_
4 weeks ago#42
How can something that's timeless and immortal age in the first place?
PSID: FistoTheDefiler
Twitch TV account: http://www.twitch.tv/fisto_the_defiler/

User Info: Jay_Souls

Jay_Souls
4 weeks ago#43
Drain_Bead posted...
Looks like 2 will be the timeless gem.

lmao I <3 you .... never change.
"Sex: sure, it can be fun alone, but it's more fun in a group, when people bring drugs." - KDTProjekt
Actually, I'm playing on PC right now with mods, and I can't agree with you, TC. It's got it's clunk as an early entry in the series, but it's also got things about it that make it unique and occasionally better than later entries in the series.
The level design is a big step up from DS3. The character movement feels more responsive than DS2. Something about DS2 just felt really unresponsive and sluggish, even by DS standards. DS2 had the best weapon and armor variety, though.
If DS3 had DS1's level design and 2's weapon and armor variety with Power Stancing it would be the perfect game. Well, unless it had DS2's bosses. That was another problem DS2 had. DS1 had some duds, but a LOT of bosses in DS2 were really easy.
"For Madokami so loved the world that She gave us Her Only Self, that whoever believes in Her shall not despair but have everlasting Hope." Homu 3:16

User Info: zweihard

zweihard
2 weeks ago#45
Anyone that thinks ds2 "spoiled us" is off their f***ing rocker.

User Info: Drain_Bead

Drain_Bead
2 weeks ago#46
zweihard posted...

Or they think that the convoluted nonexistent story and ambiance was nothing special and just liked quality PvP. Ya know, the unsnowflake players.
It's easier to fool someone than to convince someone they've been fooled.

User Info: zweihard

zweihard
2 weeks ago#47
Drain_Bead posted...
zweihard posted...

Or they think that the convoluted nonexistent story and ambiance was nothing special and just liked quality PvP. Ya know, the unsnowflake players.

Please. Quality PvP. DS3 is essentially dead. DS2 PvP is all but dead. DS1 PvP is still alive and well. Bear in mind I'm talking in the context of competitive PvP.

User Info: Drain_Bead

Drain_Bead
2 weeks ago#48
Alive and well lol.
It's easier to fool someone than to convince someone they've been fooled.

User Info: pigskin94

pigskin94
2 weeks ago#49
zweihard posted...
Drain_Bead posted...
zweihard posted...

Please. Quality PvP. DS3 is essentially dead. DS2 PvP is all but dead. DS1 PvP is still alive and well. Bear in mind I'm talking in the context of competitive PvP.

Competitive pvp is only active somewhat on PC dks1 & that’s a small group that just plays with echother. Only low level stuff is active on PS3
Strength unguarded is a double weakness
PSN:pigskin94
pigskin94 posted...
zweihard posted...
Drain_Bead posted...
zweihard posted...

Competitive pvp is only active somewhat on PC dks1 & that’s a small group that just plays with echother. Only low level stuff is active on PS3

Hey, beats dead glitchy servers that kill NA region save files in Demon's Souls. I haven't heard of Atlus got their s*** fixed yet, but I'd advise against going online in that game until they do. Unless you want to be reset to level 1 in Boletaria.
"For Madokami so loved the world that She gave us Her Only Self, that whoever believes in Her shall not despair but have everlasting Hope." Homu 3:16
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. This Game Has Not Aged Well.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.