Bow-only run question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Bow-only run question

User Info: Lucas662

Lucas662
1 month ago#1
I'm doing some research on google about tips for the bow-only challenge I want to take.

One thing I can't find though is if a divine bow will prevent skeletons from reviving. Anyone knows this?

User Info: Daimeion

Daimeion
1 month ago#2
Yes, Divine Bows prevents the skeletons from re-assembling.
This was already tested in the Catacombs. Though I'm not sure if this also
works with crossbows.

User Info: Heavyscale

Heavyscale
1 month ago#3
Hmm... tc are you going for pure bow only, like without support spell e.g. hidden body, aura decoy? For catacomb the first few necromancer are quite exposed so it is easier to snipe kill them firstly before going more in depth.
FFBE ID: 996 500 347

User Info: Lucas662

Lucas662
1 month ago#4
Daimeion posted...
Yes, Divine Bows prevents the skeletons from re-assembling.
This was already tested in the Catacombs. Though I'm not sure if this also
works with crossbows.

Thanks!

Heavyscale posted...
Hmm... tc are you going for pure bow only, like without support spell e.g. hidden body, aura decoy? For catacomb the first few necromancer are quite exposed so it is easier to snipe kill them firstly before going more in depth.

Haven't thought about these spells before, good idea

User Info: chefbobby203

chefbobby203
1 month ago#5
Figured he'd probably use the fog ring

User Info: Daimeion

Daimeion
1 month ago#6
chefbobby203 posted...
Figured he'd probably use the fog ring

One of them is Hawk Ring and the other is most like Ring of Favor and Protection.

User Info: Gixen

Gixen
1 month ago#7
For a real bow only run challenge, go with the Dragonslayer Bow :)
PSN: Gixen99 , Gixen_Almighty

User Info: pprincess

pprincess
1 month ago#8
From what I've seen on YouTube with bow-only runs, the Divine Bow at 5 does barely any damage on skeletons like maybe 20-25 damage per arrow. Either the Composite Bow or Short Bow at 15 does a lot more. On top of that, so many skeletons have shields that block damage. Strats like leading skeletons to fall in the Catacombs will keep them killed, you know when you get the souls. Necromancers can be taken out at a distance.

For Nito, best strat seems to be just avoiding the skeletons and focus down Nito, circling away so his AOE takes them out for a short time.

Large bows have too long a draw time to avoid getting hit while in the attack animation.

User Info: Gixen

Gixen
4 weeks ago#9
Best Nito strat is fog+slumbering distance cheese.
PSN: Gixen99 , Gixen_Almighty
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Bow-only run question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived