Question about kick stuns

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Question about kick stuns

User Info: Daimeion

Daimeion
1 month ago#1
Do your attacks do less damage while some is in a kick stun?
For example, I kicked and immediately R1 with a spear, but sometimes it would do like 18 dmg.

Is it possible to soul steal someone with Dark Hand while someone is in kick stunned?
For example, the host kick the invader and I soul steal.

Is it possible to escape a kickstun? Like some kind of toggle, or recover faster from a kickstun?

Sometimes someone's kick still breaks my shield guard when I still have full stamina and sometimes it doesn't. What is this caused by?

User Info: HopkickCityBoiz

HopkickCityBoiz
1 month ago#2
Daimeion posted...
For example, I kicked and immediately R1 with a spear, but sometimes it would do like 18 dmg.

You messed up the timing and they managed to perform a quick perfect block or they are wearing modded armour.

Is it possible to soul steal someone with Dark Hand while someone is in kick stunned?

No, the animation takes far, far too long to allow it to connect.

Is it possible to escape a kickstun? Like some kind of toggle, or recover faster from a kickstun?

Only if you predict it and perform a super pivot can you avoid being stunned by it without blocking.

Sometimes someone's kick still breaks my shield guard when I still have full stamina and sometimes it doesn't. What is this caused by?

Then they most likely performed a ghost kick, which is done and perform in a similar way that a ghost strike does.
uf4 uf4 uf4 uf4 uf4
Official Onyx Blade of the Dark Souls 3 board

User Info: Daimeion

Daimeion
1 month ago#3
HopkickCityBoiz posted...
Daimeion posted...

You messed up the timing and they managed to perform a quick perfect block or they are wearing modded armour.

No, the animation takes far, far too long to allow it to connect.

Only if you predict it and perform a super pivot can you avoid being stunned by it without blocking.

Then they most likely performed a ghost kick, which is done and perform in a similar way that a ghost strike does.

I'm positive they weren't wearing modded armor because my normal hits do around 318dmg. I'm also certain that they were hit during the kickstun and not blocked.

The animation time is irrelevant here because the host is kicking while I soul steal. This is during gank.

I see, super pivot it is then.

I'm 100% certain it wasn't a ghost kick due to the animation and how the other player was locked on to me.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Question about kick stuns

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived