I hate Blight Town so much..

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. I hate Blight Town so much..

User Info: sophieexmachina

sophieexmachina
3 weeks ago#1
I got through it in about almost 2 hours so it wasn't that much trouble to me, but gosh that place was so bad for me..
It just has this really vile vibe to it, the enemies and how the area itself looks.
And the environment is all messy, you generally have no clue where you're going, the only thing you can assume on your first playthrough is that you're supposed to go down.
At least there's a checkpoint in the middle of it, if I had to go from the bonfire in the Depths all the way down it would have been a lot harder.

All in all this place has an interesting design but it's really off-putting at the same time.

User Info: chefbobby203

chefbobby203
3 weeks ago#2
I'm not a fan of using that bonfire either. I like to climb up from the base of blight town to get power within

User Info: Daimeion

Daimeion
3 weeks ago#3
sophieexmachina posted...
I got through it in about almost 2 hours so it wasn't that much trouble to me, but gosh that place was so bad for me..
It just has this really vile vibe to it, the enemies and how the area itself looks.
And the environment is all messy, you generally have no clue where you're going, the only thing you can assume on your first playthrough is that you're supposed to go down.
At least there's a checkpoint in the middle of it, if I had to go from the bonfire in the Depths all the way down it would have been a lot harder.

All in all this place has an interesting design but it's really off-putting at the same time.

Yeah, after awhile that place makes me what to take a shower. Like quite literally.
But luckily you can skip it by going through the Valley of Drakes with the Master Key.

User Info: LaLiLuLeLoSnake

LaLiLuLeLoSnake
3 weeks ago#4
Daimeion posted...

Yeah, after awhile that place makes me what to take a shower. Like quite literally.
But luckily you can skip it by going through the Valley of Drakes with the Master Key.

I never thought of that. I'm on NG+3 and I will do that.

I just need to collect all sorceries now and to join the darkwraith covenant for the final 2 achievements.
Xbox Live: Allenbih
PSN: Livadic

User Info: Daimeion

Daimeion
3 weeks ago#5
LaLiLuLeLoSnake posted...
Daimeion posted...

I never thought of that. I'm on NG+3 and I will do that.

I just need to collect all sorceries now and to join the darkwraith covenant for the final 2 achievements.

I've done so ever since I've beaten the game once. And the good thing is, you will also be able to skip the sewer section that leads to Blighttown.

User Info: Keith_Valentine

Keith_Valentine
3 weeks ago#6
chefbobby203 posted...
I'm not a fan of using that bonfire either. I like to climb up from the base of blight town to get power within

Dude, how the f*** are you still playing this? You used to be around when I played before I got a ps4. That was damn near.. 1.5, 2 years ago now.

User Info: Beninblack

Beninblack
6 days ago#7
Honestly Blight Town was not that big of a deal for me when I played DS1. I recently just picked up and beat Demon Souls and let me tell you this.

I learned that Blight Town's entire concept was ripped off by Demons Souls Valley of Defilement.

I also learned...no rip off of this zone, from DS1-DS3, will match the horror of that god awful place. Reasons listed below

-very thin plank passages
-enemy's that play dead and will only become animated when you walk far enough for them to sneak up on u and push you to ur death
-large chunk of enemys use spears which makes melee a nightmare due to the first bullet point
-you get to the bottom and yay toxic lake that prevents rolling
-of course you have to add Giant trolls that can 2-shoot you and can't be Parried (in unrollable poison sludge)

So buck up, it could be worse.

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
5 days ago#8
VoD is epic, favorite area of any Souls title. Blighttown is a pale imitation. I do, however, enjoy the hell out of invading the upper areas because so many people hate it so much. On top of all the stuff you guys mentioned, adding in an invader just makes it all the better. People literally freak the f*** out on you. It's great.
The meaning of life is to suffer and be miserable.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.

User Info: windklinge

windklinge
4 days ago#9
master key = no cancer town. so always best pick :)

User Info: chefbobby203

chefbobby203
4 days ago#10
I haven't played in a couple months actually, the game burned through all my controllers. I don't trust the knock off brands they have at gamestop either
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. I hate Blight Town so much..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.