Something just doesn't feel right

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
  3. Something just doesn't feel right

User Info: Vamphaery

Vamphaery
6 years ago#21
This is a westernized spinoff of the series. There are definitely some aesthetic, gameplay, and content-duration directions that Vicious Cycle are taking the game in which hardcore purists won't like.

But personally, I'm willing to take the game for what it is. I don't expect the huge number of levels, bugs, and B-movie cheese that 2017 had. I'm prepared for fewer levels, and for the grinding to be more focused on armor classes, money (credits,) and XP rather than just one character grinding for health and weapons.

This will be an awesome way to enjoy the basic EDF formula in a slightly stripped down, but more polished and focused format with friends online until a proper sequel can be readied by Sandlot in the future. And at higher difficulties, I still expect beating it 100% solo to be an immense challenge, if a shorter one (but only marginally since I'll have to do it with four armor classes and collect more than twice as many weapons.)

Bring it on!
This is the gen of the 599 U.S. dollar PS3, RRoD, DLC nickel and diming, broken games, motion control, false advertising, and rampant preorder bonus scams.
  1. Boards
  2. Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
  3. Something just doesn't feel right

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived