Am I the only one buying two copies?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
  3. Am I the only one buying two copies?

User Info: Gotenksgeto

Gotenksgeto
6 years ago#1
I'm getting one for each system. I know it may sound silly, but I love 2017 so much, that if there's anything I can do to ensure or speed up another sequel to this series, I'll probably do it.

I do know it's being made by a different developer, but I really don't think that that matters in the grand scheme.
This sig will not change until something impossible happens. Started 10/9/05
Brawl FC: 2363-5458-1028 GamerTag/Wii Name/PSN: KNEVER

User Info: qamefaqs

qamefaqs
6 years ago#2
I think you should probably wait until you play it first before you make any kind of brash commitments like that (that goes for any game, really - no matter how much you might have loved the previous release.)

Since we already know that Sandlot announced that they're developing EDF 4 - you might be better off saving your double purchase support money for when that game comes out if you're one of those fans that's hoping for another EDF 2017 type of experience (because, for better or for worse, it's looking like EDFIA will have a much different feel to it than the previous games in the series.)

I can totally understand wanting to do as much as you can to ensure that this game, and in turn - the EDF franchise - has a better chance of continuing on into the future by helping their cause financially. BUT... if EDFIA turns out to be a poor follow-up to 2017, then that is simply not something that should be so easily ignored and blindly supported just for the sake of hoping that better Vicious Cycle profits will somehow mean Sandlot will be all that much more inclined to keep the series going after EDF4.

At worst I could see Sandlot possibly becoming a bit reluctant to release EDF4 outside of Japan if they felt EDFIA didn't live up to their base NA/ EU (etc) market testing sales expectations. But more than likely they'd simply judge the game themselves based on its content and whatever quality standards they had going in when letting VC borrow the EDF name. And if EDFIA turns out below par in their view - they'll just consider it as having been a fun, yet somewhat unfortunate, little trial venture and then they'll continue on the same way they would have with EDF4 (and beyond, if that's in their plans going forward.)

User Info: MaloVolpe

MaloVolpe
6 years ago#3

I am buying only one copy. I don't want Insect Armageddon or EDF4 to be an exact copy of EDF 2017.

User Info: Juggalo_Jackass

Juggalo_Jackass
6 years ago#4
I'm buying 2, one for 360 and one for PS3. I have a friend I always played 2017 with, but he now only has a PS3 and lives states away. 360 is for couch co-op with friends.

After watching the PAX East gameplay video, it's not 2017 but my God does it look great. In my opinion, of course.
Iiiiiiii'm a drunken whore

User Info: MoisesL

MoisesL
6 years ago#5
Buying for both consoles, the future needs more EDF. So long as our feedback is directed properly I don't believe anything could possibly go wrong with showing more support.
And some annihilating beauty light up the night
Capcom-Unity

User Info: LordOfTheMash

LordOfTheMash
6 years ago#6
I'd be very cautious about declaring Armageddon an 'EDF 2012'. So far it only looks similar in a cosmetic sense, with most of the pay mechanic being either changed or discarded.

The only way I'd buy 'two copies' would be if the game turns out as good as the 2017 and GDF and it has system link functionality.

User Info: sleet01

sleet01
6 years ago#7
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm with the Juggalo. I have family with PS3s and friends with 360s, and I'm going to be playing with both of them at different times, so I need a copy for each system. Besides, $80 for two copies is about the same as I'm going to pay to get EDF4 imported :)

User Info: xionnoix

xionnoix
6 years ago#8
I'm getting 2 copies for the 360 version, one for me and my wife. She has her own system.

User Info: b1gt0ne

b1gt0ne
6 years ago#9
xionnoix posted...
I'm getting 2 copies for the 360 version, one for me and my wife. She has her own system.

That's so cute!! A wife that plays EDF is a very special gift from God. Take care of her.

User Info: xionnoix

xionnoix
6 years ago#10
haha, thanks. A few years ago, a friend of ours got married, so he gave us his 360 system, that became hers. She's totally into EDF, maybe we could all play a match together when it comes out. gt: xionnoix
cheers,
x
  1. Boards
  2. Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
  3. Am I the only one buying two copies?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived