Things I loved about EDF 2017 that I hope are in IA. (Can anyone confirm?)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
  3. Things I loved about EDF 2017 that I hope are in IA. (Can anyone confirm?)

User Info: Vamphaery

Vamphaery
6 years ago#11
From what I have gathered here and elsewhere, they're walking a careful tightrope. It's a balancing act.

They want to "westernize" this spinoff of the series (fewer enemies, fewer levels, but online co-op, a "horde-like" mode, slightly better graphics, and no more frame rate dips as in 2017 at least in NTSC versions, basically a more polished and focused game,) but they want to try to give us as much of the EDF "formula" as possible within those confines (tons of grinding, shooting bugs, destructible buildings, cheesey dialogue, much of it lifted straight from 2017 and re-performed by the new voice actors, insane variety of weapons, etc.)

It sounds like they're achieving this. It will be a matter of taste as to whether one wants to play this westernized iteration of EDF, or whether one wants to hold out for the "real" sequel made by Sandlot. I'm going to do both, because I want to support this franchise and I see this as a part of a long term strategy to make this profitable and marketable in the states and other western markets. So... I'm getting this on day one! :D

And I'm also looking forward to a "proper" Sandlot developed sequel. :)
This is the gen of the 599 U.S. dollar PS3, RRoD, DLC nickel and diming, broken games, motion control, false advertising, and rampant preorder bonus scams.

User Info: ReDDevil2112

ReDDevil2112
6 years ago#12
^That. I dont get why its so hard to like both.
Seven minutes. Seven minutes is all I can spare to play with you.

User Info: Lost_Djinn

Lost_Djinn
6 years ago#13
Well I might have concerns here and there, but at the end of the day I am pretty excited and looking forward to IA ^^. And obviously future titles
  1. Boards
  2. Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
  3. Things I loved about EDF 2017 that I hope are in IA. (Can anyone confirm?)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived