Major problem with DLC erasing Zombie genocidist progress

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Left 4 Dead 2: The Sacrifice
  3. Major problem with DLC erasing Zombie genocidist progress

User Info: MattyRich76

MattyRich76
7 years ago#1
I paid 560 MS points to get this DLC for L4D1 even though I own 2 also. I was aggravated when after playing through the campaign once, my progress on the Zombie Genocidist was reset, putting me at 735 kills when I was over 45,000.

I am upset because i have almost every achievement and had been working on the Zombie genocidist for over a year. I posted this to both warn others about this glitch, and i would also like to know who else this happened to as the 2 other people that played the campaign with me had their killcount reset as well. Any insight on this issue from others would be appreciated.

User Info: ssaopi2

ssaopi2
7 years ago#2
I think this happened with Crash Course too.
Gt Xbox 360 & PSN: ChicagoRose

MattyRich76
7 years ago#3
Yeah, it makes me mad when these companies sell us stuff that doesn't work right, even worse is when they don't care to fix it. I paid for crash course and the fact that Valve never patched it so that the achievements would work right is unethical.

Now I have paid them money so they could screw up an achievement I've been working on for over a year. They better do something for their loyal customers to instill some faith.

User Info: ChrisR07

ChrisR07
7 years ago#4
Ditto... Awesome... -_-
Gamer Tag: Saber0307/PSN: MrBlue0307
"Ocelot doesn't just plan: he plans for you to plan, so you plan against yourself."~MajinSweet0

ssaopi2
7 years ago#5
If I were you, I would sit on the generator in crash course to get my 45,000 back (although some people consider this "cheating")

MattyRich76
7 years ago#6
Yeah thanks for the tip, but that will take forever and I shouldn't have to resort to something like that because Valve shoddily programmed their L4D1 DLC ... AGAIN!

ssaopi2
7 years ago#7
I agree you shouldn't have too. I was bored trying to get my last 10,000 for that achievment, so redoing it must really suck.

User Info: ChrisR07

ChrisR07
7 years ago#8
Apparently its just the update for L4D1 that erases the kill count. My friend didn't buy the sacrifice but he downloaded the new update and his kills were erased.
Gamer Tag: Saber0307/PSN: MrBlue0307
"Ocelot doesn't just plan: he plans for you to plan, so you plan against yourself."~MajinSweet0

User Info: Wandrian

Wandrian
7 years ago#9
:(

This was the fourth time I've lost my kill count towards Zombie Genocidest. Now I've lost my kill count for Littlest Genocide as well.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Well, I won't settle for this. I'm thinking I'll use the teensy bit of modding I can do and just get Zombie Genocidest while playing offline by raising my kill count to like...53,590 or something in that nature. I lost my kill count from an earlier update, the Survival Pack, Crash Course, and now the Sacrifice. So in effect, Valve's anti-modding measures have actually pushed me to modding T_T

User Info: Dmitheon

Dmitheon
7 years ago#10

To be perfectl clear, it's not the DLC that causes it, it's the title update.I didn't buy theDLC andit wiped out all Red Mist, littlest Genocide progress as well. F

1. Boards
  2. Left 4 Dead 2: The Sacrifice
  3. Major problem with DLC erasing Zombie genocidist progress

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived