Major problem with DLC erasing Zombie genocidist progress

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Left 4 Dead 2: The Sacrifice
  3. Major problem with DLC erasing Zombie genocidist progress

User Info: Martan360

Martan360
7 years ago#11

This sucks I had 30,000 now it became 0 when I started it after "The Sacrefice" was released. I think it's when they add new achievements to the achievement list in the game the unlocked reset.

User Info: f3l1xxx672

f3l1xxx672
7 years ago#12
I had 3/4 campaings done on expert. Dont know if i'm gonna bother trying to do all 4 again
You and me little buddy, Were going to be pirates!---Deadpool GT:f3l1xxx67

User Info: blinknot

blinknot
7 years ago#13
its not the dlc it is the update it did it on me if you clear the system cache it goes back to what it was

User Info: SweetThunderDan

SweetThunderDan
7 years ago#14
wait are you saying if i clear my cache i got my kills back?

User Info: TpainK

TpainK
7 years ago#15
^^ No... tried it already ^^

Not sure exactly how the kills are "stored" now~
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.

User Info: Wandrian

Wandrian
7 years ago#16
They're stored in the update file basically. If the update ever leaves your system cache, you lose all progress towards any achievements you haven't previously unlocked because the update file is a blank slate. It(usually) will detect what achievements you've already got unlocked, but that's it.
Yet, still...

User Info: TpainK

TpainK
7 years ago#17
Well, wouldn't clearing the cache also clear your update file?

When I clear my cache now, my kill counter (now about 700) stays where it is; it does not reset back to "1." This makes me think that Valve may have "fixed" their initial update.
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.

User Info: dewey_cox11

dewey_cox11
7 years ago#18
50000 kills gone in 3 seconds...why? .......................................at least it gives me a reason to play more now...is this our punishment for them making the release date?
with the turn of a corner, everything you love in life can be gone
-me
  1. Boards
  2. Left 4 Dead 2: The Sacrifice
  3. Major problem with DLC erasing Zombie genocidist progress

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived