Mates arent following

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: gket

gket
7 years ago#1

Hi,just started Single Player,I,m on the roof and starting getting down the steps.Well,no one is following me(In the ciclical row of commands I say "Let's Go" with no result)

and when I'mat the workingelevator a warning says I have to wait for the others.Can you please help me?Thanks

User Info: Wandrian

Wandrian
7 years ago#2
Stand on the elevator platform instead of the rails. The bots don't register the rails as being part of the elevator since their pathfinding isn't very good. If that doesn't work, try jumping back and forth from the elevator's floor and rails, they should get on the elevator then.
Yet, still...

User Info: gket

gket
7 years ago#3

No way,they just do not follow me.Why?

User Info: Wandrian

Wandrian
7 years ago#4
It's bad pathfinding AI. The bots are programmed to (mostly) take the same route through a level as the human player(s). The bots' pathfinding AI just shuts down basically if you try to take a route that requires jumping.
A good example is the shortcut over the buss in chapter 1 of Dark Carnival. The bots simply do not know how to take that path because in their programing, the bumper you need to jump on to take the shortcut is probably the same as a ledge high above the ground.
Another good one is cutting through the fire in Dead Center 1. It's easy for a human to do(and often the minor damage is worth it in Versus), but the bots will either go around the long way or they'll just stand in the fire because they can't figure out a way through the fire without jumping.

The bots are dumb, that's it.
Yet, still...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived