How do i change my spawning point on my own server?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. How do i change my spawning point on my own server?

User Info: TheToxicFlame01

TheToxicFlame01
5 years ago#1
Ive made my very own multiplayer server only to find out i spawn in the middle of the ocean! If anyone could supply me with help of how to get out of this mess without swimming until i find land and make a bed, or deleting my server and making a new one, it would be much appreciated. Preferably info if i can change the spawn point. Thx

User Info: luigi4728

luigi4728
5 years ago#2
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki
werewolfs like sandwiches

User Info: archiecostello

archiecostello
5 years ago#3
luigi4728 posted...
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki

^^^ Ignore him.

If you use a bukket server, there are plugins to change the location where people will initially spawn in the world. I don't use bukket so I do not know the names of the plugins, but I do know that they exist.

If you're using the official minecraft_server.jar, then ask someone else as I do not know the answer.

User Info: KutKuSlayer

KutKuSlayer
5 years ago#4
if you are playing MP with Bukkit, you can use the Essentials plugin to access a whole bunch of cool commands, but /setspawn is the one that sets your spawn to the block you are standing on.

http://ess.khhq.net/wiki/Main_Page

^ the Essentials Wiki, which has a link to the download :)
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY TOPIC???__carwreck__
[REPAIR 85] Helios one cab give peer too if fixed.

TheToxicFlame01
5 years ago#5
Thanks, i guess i'll just go off forever into the ocean until i find land and /setspawn. But if anyone else knows how to fix this, help will be most appreciated

User Info: _DTM_

_DTM_
5 years ago#6
Sounds like you should just make a new world.
Currently playing: Minecraft, Uncharted 2, GoW Collection, Heavy Rain & Gears of War 3.

TheToxicFlame01
5 years ago#7

What are you, crazy? make an entire new world? i shouldnt have to do that just because of mojang's lack of sense. if anyone has any more help, plz, share your wisdom..

User Info: nickizgr8

nickizgr8
5 years ago#8
You could make yourself a op then change your game mode so that your in creative. Fly to some land make a bed and sleep in it so your spawn is now there. So when everyone else joins your server just teleport them to you.

User Info: BlackScythe0

BlackScythe0
5 years ago#9
TheToxicFlame01 posted...
What are you, crazy? make an entire new world? i shouldnt have to do that just because of mojang's lack of sense. if anyone has any more help, plz, share your wisdom..

This seems rather strange to me, you made a server world got a bad one so instead of remaking it you want to rage at the makers for having a random world generator?

User Info: KutKuSlayer

KutKuSlayer
5 years ago#10
if you dont want a new world for whatever reason, perhaps open the world file in WorldEdit and manually change the spawn point.

then just /suicide ingame and you will be at the new spawn.
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY TOPIC???__carwreck__
[REPAIR 85] Helios one cab give peer too if fixed.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. How do i change my spawning point on my own server?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived