Don't like the new way chunks load on SMP......

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. Don't like the new way chunks load on SMP......

User Info: crimsonedge11

crimsonedge11
6 years ago#1
It takes way longer to load chunks, like if you do /home, and I also noticed it loads the farthest chunks first. Very bad idea for SMP servers, and preferred the old way of loading chunks. Is there a mod that can fix this? Everyone on the server I play on has noticed a difference, and its not a good thing.

User Info: TheEvilMushroom

TheEvilMushroom
6 years ago#2
This is something we will just have to deal with i think.
Currently Playing: Civilization V, Sonic Colors, DKCR, and Minecraft.....
Minecraft Username: Morlocke50

crimsonedge11
6 years ago#3
What was wrong with the old way chunks loaded? I could /home and immediately start moving, now I gotta wait 30 secs to 1 minute for the chunks to load before I can even do anything. I don't mind them changing stuff as long as they change it for the better. They got a saying, if its not broken, don't try and fix it. I could deal with the occasional chunk error and I would just move around them or if I really needed to I would relog and it would fix.

crimsonedge11
6 years ago#4
I don't see them really improving this game a whole lot, I see more problems being created with updates than solutions. I wouldn't expect a full version of this game for a few years at least, especially if they keep stepping back instead of forward.

User Info: hunthback

hunthback
6 years ago#5
Now your over-reacting. The game gets better every update. Little problems like this happen, like in every game.
---
"It was I who added the nuts to that statue"- Fawful, Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside story.

crimsonedge11
6 years ago#6
Little? Its a big problem bro, the old way chunks loaded, but loaded fast with the occasional chunk error was a minor problem, but they fixed it and made it a bigger issue. So much for them fixing stuff huh?

hunthback
6 years ago#7
Chunks loading farther away is a better thing really. It's only worse for teleporting, which is a very optional mod to the game. The actual game which you are not playing is much better now. And big problem? When I use warps it takes at most 5 seconds for all the far and near chunks to load.
---
"It was I who added the nuts to that statue"- Fawful, Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside story.

crimsonedge11
6 years ago#8
Haven't seen a SMP server that didn't have warps. Nor would I play on one that didn't

hunthback
6 years ago#9
I'm talking about vanilla minecraft. Less lag because chunks load far away and it makes everything much better. The warp thing isnt a problem, just wait a few seconds. My one complaint would be the new multi-world system of bukkit. It takes forever to load new worlds now with that, but w/e. Just have patience.
---

User Info: x3mn

x3mn
6 years ago#10
umm....u most likely only payed 13 dollars for this game but anyway i hope this doesnt happen on my server but i wouldnt really mind too much my server atm doesnt have bukkit so no /home anyway atm
I don't have any real dolls, I prefer to use my infinite imagination... cause I ain't got no damn money. PSN:xemn29
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. Don't like the new way chunks load on SMP......

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived