Now That's What I Call Minecraft Mod Pack

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. Now That's What I Call Minecraft Mod Pack

User Info: Moogle_Persona

Moogle_Persona
6 years ago#1
Hey all, so I just downloaded the above-mentioned mod pack, and installed it via the included installer .jar file.

I opened up my minecraft.jar file to delete the META folder I've read about, but it appears to already be deleted.

Whenever I boot up minecraft, however, I still get the black screen directly after logging in.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm running on OS X 10.5.8, and everything should be up to date.

This is where I got the mod pack from:

http://skylands.goonygoon.com/

User Info: Lord Helio

Lord Helio
6 years ago#2
Some parts of the mod need to go in the resource file and others have to go someplace else. Sorry, I can't remember. But try youtube videos. Slyfoxhound had a video showing how to install mods. Helped me out a lot.
http://www.killmoderation.com/

User Info: Vysmo

Vysmo
6 years ago#3
Moogle_Persona posted...
Hey all, so I just downloaded the above-mentioned mod pack, and installed it via the included installer .jar file.

I opened up my minecraft.jar file to delete the META folder I've read about, but it appears to already be deleted.

Whenever I boot up minecraft, however, I still get the black screen directly after logging in.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm running on OS X 10.5.8, and everything should be up to date.

This is where I got the mod pack from:

http://skylands.goonygoon.com/

On Computers running OSX you are required to only delete the two files beginning with MOJANG in the META-INF folder as opposed to the whole folder itself. You should restore your META-INF folder back to the .jar file and try it again but only delete the two files beginning with MOJANG.

Moogle_Persona
6 years ago#4
Thanks for the help. I'll give that a try.

User Info: TheEvilMushroom

TheEvilMushroom
6 years ago#5
How is this mod, do you all recommend it?

User Info: Detsuaxhe

Detsuaxhe
6 years ago#6
For future problems, I advise getting a real computer.
Where's my "Accept This Moderation with Extreme Reluctance and Resentful Glares" button?
When reading and responding to my posts, try to take it easy.

User Info: Gastroid

Gastroid
6 years ago#7
And so it begins...
Lithos Mech Hektor
The Last Stand of the Alkali

Moogle_Persona
6 years ago#8
Detsuaxhe posted...

Yeah I know. I just like macs because they feel cleaner with the way things are organized. My next computer is gonna be a PC though; the lack of mac software has been bugging more than usual lately.

User Info: GriffRoberts

GriffRoberts
6 years ago#9

Detsuaxhe posted...

Yeah I know. I just like macs because they feel cleaner with the way things are organized. My next computer is gonna be a PC though; the lack of mac software has been bugging more than usual lately.

Crisis averted.
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. Now That's What I Call Minecraft Mod Pack

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived