How to get into Aether

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. How to get into Aether

User Info: tidusishi

tidusishi
5 years ago#1
ok so installed the mod and everything i start the game up and i get the little tip at the bottom when the map is loading.

when my character spawns i have the special inventory slots and everything but the trees look normal and so do all of the mobs... nothing is different.

do i need to do anthing special in game to gain access to the Aether? any ideas whats up with this?
XBL GT: L3thal H3adsh0t
Currently Playing: Black Ops, Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, Runescape

User Info: LinkofHyrule991

LinkofHyrule991
5 years ago#2
The Aether is a different world, like the Nether is. It doesn't change your normal world.

To make an Aether Portal make a 4x5 frame out of glowstone, like you'd do with Obsidian for the Nether. Then dump a bucket of water in it to activate it
It's over, you've lost the game. -Near
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner

User Info: sontendofan

sontendofan
5 years ago#3
The Aether is a different world. You have to make a portal out of Glowstone and a Water bucket, like a nether portal (but with those materials instead)
"Don't be s***, you don't get hit." - GenGomaOrak
If I make a stupid post, I'm more than likely being sarcastic

tidusishi
5 years ago#4
ok so its just basically an add-on to the game eh? thats pretty awesome.

thanks for the info guys! now i started a server last night, can Aether be implemented within the multiplayer server?

User Info: SickWickinson

SickWickinson
5 years ago#5
Sadly no, it does not have any multiplayer support and they haven't said anything about adding it.

tidusishi
5 years ago#6
SickWickinson posted...
Sadly no, it does not have any multiplayer support and they haven't said anything about adding it.

dang, thanks for the response....

i wish they would support multiplayer the videos look awesome :D

User Info: AcousticAcolyte

AcousticAcolyte
5 years ago#7
And considering the amount of time they put into making for singleplayer, multiplayer seems like a long shot...
I watch Taylor Swift music videos muted =D

User Info: infinitexx

infinitexx
5 years ago#8
There was some problem with portals working on SMP (the way they were implemented would require a second server) which kept the Nether from working, and I think work on Aether began before Nether was fixed for SMP. I'm sure it'll get a SMP release at some point, but it'll be a while.
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. How to get into Aether

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived