Question about silk touch

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. Question about silk touch

User Info: rodman870

rodman870
5 years ago#1
Does anyone know how many experience points I need till I start seeing these? I've tried a few 10s and a couple 20s but I still haven't gotten one.

Also I heard the material really matters when it comes to seeing it. Which material is best? (I assume diamond)
I like tacos more than burritos.
I'm going to eat a taco then a burrito. Get it right people...

User Info: nmagod

nmagod
5 years ago#2
even Silk Touch IV doesn't work constantly, man
You are ignoring 1 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.

User Info: Crimson_Spider

Crimson_Spider
5 years ago#3
Silk Touch won't start appearing until after level 25. Higher levels are better. Any materials work, but generally you'll want diamond for it to last longer.
Secular Humanism: The philosophy that adamantly denies that is a philosophy.

User Info: Rolen74

Rolen74
5 years ago#4
The chances can be seen here:
http://pernsteiner.org/minecraft/enchant/leveltables/

At level 11 you have a 0.1% chance of getting it. Level 20 you have a 5.8% chance. Level 30 only a 10.3% chance. It's very rare.
Milk-a-whaaaaaaaaa!?

rodman870
5 years ago#5
Ahh I got to around 25 then a creeper/enderman murdered me and I lost all my exp. Does anyone know a good way to get exp besides waiting till night and killing anything you see?

Also thanks for that link. It helps a lot. Aqua affinity is apparently also very hard to get.

User Info: Flamingcow99

Flamingcow99
5 years ago#6
rodman870 posted...
Ahh I got to around 25 then a creeper/enderman murdered me and I lost all my exp. Does anyone know a good way to get exp besides waiting till night and killing anything you see?

Also thanks for that link. It helps a lot. Aqua affinity is apparently also very hard to get.

Enderdragon...
(E(:{)) VS. <('-'<) Who will win?Mario:7 Kirby:15 (>'-')>=={+}
_PIE!_ Official Special Ops. Leader of the NDF Hammer Kirby!

Rolen74
5 years ago#7
Find a spawner and build a little trap around it. The most popular ones are blaze spawners in the Nether, but they can be hard to find and be pretty dangerous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrtcJ4c_6oQ

Zombie and Skeleton spawners also work good, but they give you half the EXP compared to Blazes.
Milk-a-whaaaaaaaaa!?

User Info: zheadshotz

zheadshotz
5 years ago#8
Rolen74 posted...

At level 11 you have a 0.1% chance of getting it. Level 20 you have a 5.8% chance. Level 30 only a 10.3% chance. It's very rare.

at level 50, you have a greater chance of getting Efficiency IV Silk Touch I Unbreaking III then just getting only the silk touch I.
PS3_IS_BEAST, probably the most insightful person on the minecraft board.

Rolen74
5 years ago#9

Rolen74 posted...

at level 50, you have a greater chance of getting Efficiency IV Silk Touch I Unbreaking III then just getting only the silk touch I.

True I guess, but only 17.01% of getting a triple enchantment and you might get Fortune instead of Silk Touch.
Milk-a-whaaaaaaaaa!?

rodman870
5 years ago#10
(sigh) isn't there some kinda command that will give you a block? All I want is one grass block :/
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. Question about silk touch

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived