PC Specs for Minecraft?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. PC Specs for Minecraft?

User Info: 1009delta

1009delta
4 years ago#1
I'm just curious as to what yalls specs are and what speeds you run MC.
I don't know mine offhand but I do know most of the time I can't get anymore than 20 FPS with all of the settings at the lowest possible. So what should I do? Besides the obvious upgrade.

And how much woud Optifine help?
Gamertag: deltaywicker
Email me at 1009delta@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments about my post. Visit http:www.sonforums.co.nr

User Info: tomandsam

tomandsam
4 years ago#2
The main things Minecraft needs are RAM and a good Video Card. I have 70 FPS, currently, with 12GB RAM and an nVidia GeForce GT 220. My RAM is pretty good, but my Graphics Card is old and slow. I might get a newer GTX, which will probably raise my FPS by 20 or so. Optifine should give you about a 50% to 100% better frame rate.
This is quite possibly the worst user on GameFAQs:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382

User Info: kelemvor

kelemvor
4 years ago#3
Yeah, a video card is all you need. As long as you have 2GB of ram and a dual core cpu.

You dont even need a particularly good video card. I have an old geforce 9800GT and i get around 100 FPS unless im out in the open wth maximum draw distances. Then its like 60FPS

I did have some framerate issues until i installed 64bit Java.
Kelemvor Lyonsbane

User Info: DarkJDL

DarkJDL
4 years ago#4
In minecraft 1.1, I used to play on my laptop, I was running at 10FPS~ playable but nothing impressive, with 1.2.5 I can't play on my laptop anymore, so I play on my desktop at 25-30 FPS. Both of these are while using optifine to remove as much graphical junk as I can.

edit: without optifine, my desktop runs at 15fps~ you really should use it, I love optifine.
also, once you go 30FPS, 15FPS is horrible. just saying.
PSN: DarkJDL

User Info: ReliefWithBeef

ReliefWithBeef
4 years ago#5
I got an AMD quad core, 4GB RAM and an old 6770. I get a good 60 fps. Pretty sure i could get more but my monitor is only 60Mhz
XBL GT: ReliefWithBeef
PSN: ReliefWithBeef

User Info: pstwoorbust

pstwoorbust
4 years ago#6
AMD quad core 3.00GHZ
4 GB ram (I allocate 2 to MC)
AMD Radeon HD 6670 graphics card

I max all settings, and without optifine (after the world has fully loaded) I get 85-90 FPS
Default texture pack
This is minecraft. Why would u want 2 deal with uneven terrain? If you don't like the lay of the land, you punch it until it shapes the f*** up. l33t_ninj4_1337
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. PC Specs for Minecraft?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived