Can someone explain to me what Minecraft windows 10 is?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. Can someone explain to me what Minecraft windows 10 is?

User Info: Chargrilled

Chargrilled
4 weeks ago#1
after clicking on some links when logging in on the mojang website, i have this game client downloaded

whats the difference between this version and the normal one i download from the minecraft website?
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!

User Info: wolfblademusic

wolfblademusic
4 weeks ago#2
Chargrilled posted...
after clicking on some links when logging in on the mojang website, i have this game client downloaded

whats the difference between this version and the normal one i download from the minecraft website?

This new version if the Better Together Update.

The other one is the Java edition.

The Better Together Update is a port of the Minecraft Pocket Edition that has been heavily worked and retooled in order to get it working as best as possible on the following platforms

PC/Mac/IOS/Android/Xbox One/X/Fire TV/Nintendo Switch, and probably some I forgot.

The PS4 version is being left out because Sony doesn't want to join up yet. The Java version has more features than the Better Together Update, and it has more customization, it is considered by prudes to be the "Real version of Minecraft" but since Java is basically a time bomb worth of security concerns people like me will GLADLY get rid of some of those "better" features in order to not end up with a hacked computer because of the countless Java exploits.

Remember Experian? Pretty sure they got hacked thanks to a not properly modified Java exploit. Java is a horribly buggy, cruddy, gaping security hole. So while it is "better" in some ways, there is a great need to throw that version in the trash before Minecraft players become botnets.

When you log into the Minecraft Java (website version) you get to log into your Mojang account. When you do it on the Windows 10 one you log into an Xbox account. (this is why Sony is not letting PS4 players onto Better Together Update) Everything you buy will transfer to every other version of the game you own. It has plenty of problems but I was able to play with my coworker on my PC while he played on his Xbox so it's not all bad and now that he has sold his Xbox we can play together once I find a reasonable IOS controller for him to use.

Chargrilled
4 weeks ago#3
Thankyou

Im not interested in modding, just playing the vanilla game

Is the windows 10 version up to date in terms of features, or are there some things missing?

(I know minecraft pocket edition has some things missing from it)

User Info: Skeletal_King

Skeletal_King
4 weeks ago#4
Windows 10 is simply a recoding of the game. ATM it's pretty much feature parity with the java version of the game.

It runs A LOT better than the java version. Performance wise there is ZERO comparison.
http://backloggery.com/kodan882 <- Anything I'm currently playing

Chargrilled
4 weeks ago#5
Ok, thankyou. Ill use that version then since i dont use mods.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. Can someone explain to me what Minecraft windows 10 is?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.