Has anyone run across any similar games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pocket Frogs
  3. Has anyone run across any similar games?

User Info: MlREFOX

MlREFOX
6 years ago#1
I believe Pocket Frogs is my favorite way to waste time on the iPhone. I love breeding, collecting, and selling those little guys. Has anyone found any similar games that are a good quality?

Thanks for any opinions.

User Info: JillyK

JillyK
6 years ago#2
I think Pocket Frogs is in a category of its own. So many games these days rely heavily on in-app purchases, which is incredibly frustrating. Pocket Frogs offers in-app purchases as well, but they aren't necessarily required for gameplay like in so many other games.
Plus+ ID: septemberissue

User Info: Mikos101

Mikos101
6 years ago#3
You really should get Tiny Tower. It just came out a few weeks ago and it was made by the guys that made Pocket Frogs. It's free, and it's awesome.
Plus+ name: iMikos Xbox tag: MIK0S (the 'O' is a Zero) PSN name: MIKOS-

User Info: J_Nics

J_Nics
6 years ago#4
Pocket Butterflies is almost and exact copy of this game, except with butterflies. At ;east judging from the screenshots and description, haven't played it.
When you get sad, stop being sad and be awesome instead.

User Info: MlREFOX

MlREFOX
6 years ago#5
You really should get Tiny Tower.

I do enjoy Tiny Tower but it isn't quite the same game. Tiny Tower is more about completely random luck than purposeful and directed breeding. Don't get me wrong, Tiny Tower is a great game and does share some similarities, but the feel of the game is different.

And as for Pocket Butterflies...what a complete rip off! It couldn't be a more blatant copy of Pocket Frogs. I am a bit weary, though, of carbon-copy applications with descriptions written in poor English and nothing but 1-star reviews...

User Info: Dilatorial

Dilatorial
6 years ago#6
I've started Tiny Tower too on iMikos's recommendation, as well as a few RL friends. I thought I was so done with games in this format after a couple years on those Facebook games but this still hooked me. Like Pocket Frogs it doesn't punish you for logging in late etc which is great.
Plus name: mooosang
  1. Boards
  2. Pocket Frogs
  3. Has anyone run across any similar games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived