Why am I getting random Estus Flasks?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Why am I getting random Estus Flasks?

User Info: earwicker7

earwicker7
5 years ago#1

Occasionally, I'll be running down a corridor, or through the woods, and I'll hear a sound along with a quick "burst" graphic, and suddenly my 10 Estus Flasks will be 11 Estus Flasks, even though I haven't kindled any of the bonfires past 10 Flasks. What is causing this? My first guess would be that a message was rated, but I'll check my messages with the Orange Soap Stone, andthey will all have zero ratings.

User Info: A_Wasted_Life

A_Wasted_Life
5 years ago#2
Whenever someone in your lobby kindles the bonfire that you last rested at, it does this.
Killing's the first thing humans learned. And a good thing we did, or we'd be dead, and the Mudcrabs would own the earth.

User Info: Desktopz

Desktopz
5 years ago#3
When other people kindle bonfires, the last person to rest there gets an extra flask.
Arse

User Info: cheezedadada

cheezedadada
5 years ago#4
I think the messages are probably getting rated but the MP sucks so it still says '0' for you.

User Info: Dark_Spiret

Dark_Spiret
5 years ago#5
ya the game does some pretty cool things like that. i accidentally left my game on for a few hours, came back and found i had 19 flasks up from 5.
My PC screen shots-http://s402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/Darkspiret/
Currently playing: Dark Souls - The Binding of Isaac - Rage

User Info: earwicker7

earwicker7
5 years ago#6

Cool. Did not know that.

I guess I'm going to have to keep waiting on the message thing... so far, that's the only thing I don't like about this game compared to Demon's Souls; leaving messages in Demon's Souls actually resulted in something, where in Dark Souls, either nobody is rating messages, or there is something wrong with how they are being saved, because I have yet to see any message rated higher than nine.

Actually, scratch that... there is a second thing; I'm over twenty hours in, and I haven't been invaded, or been able to invade, a single time.

I'm conflicted on whether I like Dark Souls or Demon's Souls better; almost everything in Dark Souls is an improvement, but the multiplayer and messaging systems in Demon's Souls was one of the best parts of it, and Dark Souls is a huge step backwards in that aspect. They are still my two favorite games of all time.

User Info: AoENIAC

AoENIAC
5 years ago#7
Kindling bonfires gives EVERYONE who is in the zone and lobby an extra flask.

Messages appear to give humanity points for being rated up.
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.

User Info: seb03

seb03
5 years ago#8
if you rest at a bonfire then another player comes along and kindles that same fire you get a free estus flask
"and when PS3 goes down you have to change your bank account and the locks on your door."
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Why am I getting random Estus Flasks?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived