Dark Souls ENTIRE Story: The Age of Ancients

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Dark Souls ENTIRE Story: The Age of Ancients

User Info: SoulsFanatic

SoulsFanatic
1 year ago#1
The Annals of Lordran
I would like to thank all who supported and contributed to this project. I wrote this awhile back on PS3 board, and now thanks to some encouragement, I am going to revise and repost it here. I am trying two things, a link to a copy on Fanfiction.net and to post it directly here. I will try to update daily. This is my opinion of the entire Dark Souls story. I have connected every loose end of the lore to this story, without crossing any known fact in the game. It does require a bit of speculation and you do not have to believe anything that you read, for I encourage you to search for your own answers. So by all means, let us dive into the dark depths of Lordran to unveil the secrets of yore in the cryptic world known as Dark Souls.

Dark Souls
Part 1: The Age of Ancients
Part 2: Lordran, the First Kingdom
Part 3: The Occult Rebellion
Part 4: Legend of Sir Artorias
Part 5: The Fall of Lordran
Part 6: The Fate of the Undead

Dark Souls II
Part 1: Memory of the Lords
Part 2: Legend of the Sunken King
Part 3: Legend of the Old Iron King
Part 4: Legend of the Ivory King
Part 5: Legend of the King of Want
Part 6: The Origin of the Curse

Dark Souls III
(Wait till all DLC are out then might think about it)
One's demise is always one's own making.

SoulsFanatic
1 year ago#2
The Age of Ancients

In the Age of Ancients the world was unformed, shrouded by fog. A land of grey crags, arch trees, and Everlasting Dragons. The Dragons were powerful beings who ruled over all, as they possessed an impenetrable armor of stone scales. This ashen land was at peace under the Dragons’ rule, but it was stagnant. Nothing progressed, lived, nor died. Since the beginning, the world has been trapped in this shade of grey. Until, within the deepest cavern of the earth, the First Flame ignited.

Fire came to be and with it disparity: Heat and Cold, Life and Death, and of course Light and Dark. Then from the Dark they came, and found the Souls of Lords within the flame. Hollows, feeble primitive creatures drawn to the warmth of Fire, drawn to the Souls, became the vessels that harbored each Soul.

The Soul of Death was claimed by Nito, the First of the Dead.

The Soul of Life was claimed by Quela, the Witch of Izalith; and her daughters of Chaos.

And the Soul of Light was claimed by Gwyn, the Lord of Sunlight; and his faithful knights.

These Souls that embodied disparity were known as the Lord Souls, and the Lord Souls granted their newfound vessels immense power. Many others inherited powerful Souls, but none as powerful as the three primeval Lords. Thus began the race of Lords.

A pale Dragon, malformed compared to his brothers, lacked the legendary stone scales. He became known as Seath the Scaleless. Seath grew a dire envy of his brothers, and over time that envy turned to hatred. When the pale Dragon discovered these newly born creatures, he told them of the world above, a land ruled by Dragons, a land ready for change.

With the strength of Lords they challenged the Dragons. Gwyn’s mighty bolts peeled apart their stone scales, the witches weaved great firestorms, Nito unleashed a miasma of death and disease, and Seath the Scaleless betrayed his own; and the Dragons were no more. Thus began the Age of Fire, the age of the Lords.

SoulsFanatic
1 year ago#3
Three Lords claimed three Souls, but there was a fourth, unique Soul, the Dark Soul; and it was claimed by Manus, the furtive pygmy. His Soul was a mere black ember; such a tiny thing compared to the other Souls. The Dark Soul was weak, and Manus did not gain powers like the other Lords. Instead, his Soul fed him overwhelming emotions. He was alone, afraid, and frustrated; lost in this new world like a frightened child. He carved a crude pendent out of the cavern stone, clinging to it as he did his sanity. With the pendant in hand, Manus could channel his emotions.

Lord Gwyn coveted the First Flame, and built a great kiln to house the Flame’s raging power. The Kiln of the First Flame was sealed away by the power of the Lordvessel. Only one who possessed a powerful Soul, like Lord Gwyn’s own, could satiate the Lordvessel and break the seal. But when Lord Gwyn locked away the First Flame, he denied countless Hollows a Soul. They were left to wander in the Dark of the cavern for eternity.

Manus felt pity for the Hollows. Without a Soul their existence was meaningless, so Manus shattered his own Soul into thousands of fragments and gave one to each Hollow. The tiny black sprites became known as Humanity, and Humanity granted the Hollows new purpose. Manus, perished from the division of his feeble Soul, but in his death, Manus created the Human race.

Grieving the loss of their father, his children buried him within the cavern. Now sentient like Manus was before them, they struggled through the same hardships; but comforted by one another they overcame their trials and slowly crept out of the Dark and into the Light of the new world. All Humans were born among the Dark, but over time they forgot their origins and looked up to the Lords as Gods. But one day the flames will fade and only Dark will remain.

User Info: _MorningStar

_MorningStar
1 year ago#4
Go on.....
http://i.imgur.com/UM1VO2V.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fd6WS3f.jpg

SoulsFanatic
1 year ago#5
_MorningStar posted...
Go on.....

Well that was part one, a little short I will admit. I'll get the rest soon enough. :D

User Info: _MorningStar

_MorningStar
1 year ago#6
you are now tracking this topic
http://i.imgur.com/UM1VO2V.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fd6WS3f.jpg

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
1 year ago#7
Lore implications!
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

User Info: ChazA4

ChazA4
1 year ago#8
Interesting...I've always felt that the multiple interpretations of the world of Dark Souls is one of its biggest strengths, instead of laying everything out for the player.
Bad: When you attempt to disarm a trap, the GM says "Uh oh..."
Worse: When asking for the damage, they say "Does anyone have a calculator?"

User Info: Artgon

Artgon
1 year ago#9
That's was...Nito :)
Gt:GonzalezA415
Psn:xGonz415x

SoulsFanatic
1 year ago#10
Haha, I got Part 2 ready.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Dark Souls ENTIRE Story: The Age of Ancients

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived