Artorias of the Abyss is just so good... *Spoilers*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Artorias of the Abyss is just so good... *Spoilers*

User Info: BrelenRaven

BrelenRaven
1 month ago#1
Like, damn. Why is it so awesome? XD

Sanctuary Guardian, while I always forget it exists, is a great fight. An aggressive boss, setting the stage for what's to come.

Finding the Guardian armor pieces throughout the forest is fun. It's an entertaining little search. Plus you get to see dudes trimming trees. :3

Then you find Artorias, which is tied for my favorite boss. The atmosphere, his moves, his story, his badassery. It's great. It's tense!

Then you get to explore the Township which is aerie (?) and creepy. Insane laughter, black magic slamming you in the face, more Mimics, Chester b**** a**. Another fun area.

Then you head down into another creepy area. You free a friend, which I'm about to see his alternative cutscene. Manus: another amazing fight. Difficult, fair, intense, butthurt. It's a perfect example of a Dark Souls boss!

Then you go fight Kalameet, another one of my favorite bosses. A dragon boss that isn't stupid! XD

The new toys, new playmates, new playgrounds. This DLC is just amazing. There's just *one* thing I don't like. The price for it's actual length. Yes -- it's very much worth it, but for what it's actually there... it could be 5 bucks cheaper. But that's beside the point!

Also, that one weird enemy with the ball and chain that drops Chainmail gear before the last area (tryin' not to spoil the area for anybody who ignored my spoiler warning) should have been a boss. He would have been a cool boss if he'd been ¨boss'd up¨ with him being bigger, more moves, ect. Would have filled in the DLC a bit more to make the $15 price tag a bit less painful, heh, heh. :D

It's funny. My favorite bosses in Dark Souls 1 and 2 are DLC, with one exception.

1. Artorias/Fume Knight (Tied. Both amazing.)
2. Manus
3. Kalameet
4. Ornstein and Smough
5. Sir Alonne
I've been called the Hero of Kvatch, Chosen Undead, Bearer of the Curse, Dragonborn, Courier 6, and the Arisen. But just call me Brelen.

User Info: Big_Nabendu

Big_Nabendu
1 month ago#2
Best bosses in the game
Hardest too imo
Dashboard or die, forest ganker.
GT Nabendu \[T]/ Owner of 500 and Leader of sunbro board

User Info: peanutbutterxx

peanutbutterxx
1 month ago#3
AotA dlc is my favorite part of the entire Souls series. Oolacile Township is my favorite level ever. It feels like such a ghost town. The distant screams, that one spot with the banging inside the room, the atmosphere, and its sandwiched between Artorias and the Abyss. So damn good. The other day I just kept running the level over and over with different weapons.
Steam: praisetheriff

BrelenRaven
1 month ago#4
Easily the hardest in the game! Manus' aggressiveness is torture without a good shield and or armor. Or good rolling. I once had a character that barely had enough HP to survive his full combo on NG +. XD

Artorias of the Abyss is... Just... gah! So great! X3
I've been called the Hero of Kvatch, Chosen Undead, Bearer of the Curse, Dragonborn, Courier 6, and the Arisen. But just call me Brelen.

User Info: MrDrSirLord1337

MrDrSirLord1337
1 month ago#5
I'm currently on my first ever playthrough of a Dark Souls game

I backed out of the DLC after getting stuck on Manus because the only reason I started it was to get Marvelous Chesters Hat, but I really enjoyed the first two bosses for their aggressive nature compared to most of the base game bosses. Although I hate,HATE mimics and didn't like that some of them had the keys to progress.

But I'm definitely going back to finish it before I go on to NG+

I also enjoyed the scavenger hunt for the Guardian armour and agree that the ball and chain guy should have been a proper boss fight not just a unique enemy.
Never do others wrong, an less they started it.

User Info: Briareos__H

Briareos__H
1 month ago#6
I'm into the thousands of hours put into this game over multiple characters and I have still never beaten Kalameet. I need to do that on this playthrough. Any tips?

BrelenRaven
1 month ago#7
@briareos__H

NEVER!?

Hm. Well, I find it easiest to hug his feet, particularly his back legs. I find it easier that way because he tends to not do his charge move that much then. A good shield helps too. Silver Knight or the Greatshield of Artorias would be good. Black Knight for his fire attacks.

Honestly? I can't of very many tips... Either Bleed him with a Katana or hit with a truck like a Zwei or Greataxe. Power Within helps as well. A-Actually... just Power With his a**; that'll probably work! XD Just make sure you get good openings to heal. : )

User Info: Briareos__H

Briareos__H
1 month ago#8
BrelenRaven posted...
NEVER!?

Hm. Well, I find it easiest to hug his feet, particularly his back legs. I find it easier that way because he tends to not do his charge move that much then. A good shield helps too. Silver Knight or the Greatshield of Artorias would be good. Black Knight for his fire attacks.

Thanks. Nope he's the only one I've never taken down. I spent a lot of time on pvp and just never bothered to go back to this part. Plus typically my characters are fairly low level so carrying greatshields is impossible. I tend to rely on speed a lot more which actually makes both Manus and Kalameet particularly tough as I can often be killed in a single hit.

BrelenRaven
1 month ago#9
Sounds like you need a Heater Shield in your life then! :D Or a Balder Shield.

User Info: Nenjii

Nenjii
1 month ago#10
Yeah, I love AotA. It's awesome. I do not consider the content hard tho.. Artorias is easy even on NG+6 if you know his pattern. Manus can be glitched with a BBoP+Hawk Ring. IMO Sanctuary Guardian is the hardest part, even more-so when there's 2.

I think Capra Demon and O&S wins the hardest fights in DS1. Capra since it's near the beginning, and it's even unforgiving in NG+. O&S hands down is the hardest fight in NG+X.

I am doing another playthrough, the game is so addicting and fun, and the replayability is off the charts. Currently making another SL125 dex build with Washing Pole, and will also be creating a SL125 STR build with the BKGA drop in Catacombs at the very start. It's going to be fun farming that BKGA at SL2...but man I love that weapon.
My top 5 favorite games: 1) Tactics Ogre PSP remake 2) Tactics Ogre (original) 3) Xenogears 4) Shadowrun Sega Genesis 5) FF12 IZJS
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Artorias of the Abyss is just so good... *Spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived