Dark souls

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: Artgon

Artgon
3 months ago#1
Do we all agree that Ds3 is the only decent game of the soul series. The rest suck, right? Dark souls 1 is the worst of the worst imo. Straight garbage.

Edit: Oops thought I was on the Ds3 board.

I'm bored and not sure what else to do.
Gt:GonzalezA415
Psn:xGonz415x

User Info: MrDrSirLord1337

MrDrSirLord1337
3 months ago#2
Oh yea totaly agree. All the other souls games are trash, including bloodbourn and demon souls.

lol I've only played the Dks1 so far, and haven't even seen game play of the others so my opinion is void.

But this is a troll/joke board though anyway right? Because all I've heard of Dks3 and 2 is they don't live up to 1. Unless your being serious, then I'm lost

DARK SOULS 3 FOR GAME OF THE MILLENNIUM!
Never do others wrong, an less they started it.

User Info: SirEsquireIII

SirEsquireIII
3 months ago#3
Do we all agree that Ds3 is the only decent game of the soul series. The rest suck, right? Dark souls 1 is the worst of the worst imo. Straight garbage.

Edit: Oops thought I was on the Ds3 board.

I'm bored and not sure what else to do.
Honey, here's a quarter. Go put it in a washing machine...

User Info: BrelenRaven

BrelenRaven
3 months ago#4
@mrdrsirlord1337

You'll never catch anybody around here saying anything good about DS2. -_-

I feel like I'm the only damn person on this board that likes it... XP
I've been called the Hero of Kvatch, Chosen Undead, Bearer of the Curse, Dragonborn, Courier 6, and the Arisen. But just call me Brelen.

User Info: MrDrSirLord1337

MrDrSirLord1337
3 months ago#5
BrelenRaven posted...
@mrdrsirlord1337

So what happens if I end up liking Dks2? Do I just have to pretend I don't? And pretend I agree with everyone else about their biased opinions?
Never do others wrong, an less they started it.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
3 months ago#6
MrDrSirLord1337 posted...
BrelenRaven posted...
@mrdrsirlord1337

So what happens if I end up liking Dks2? Do I just have to pretend I don't? And pretend I agree with everyone else about their biased opinions?

Dark Souls 2 absolutely sucked. That's a fact.
The trainwreck of a development project behind it was just...ew. Tanimura salvaged it as best he could.
Still, the DLCs, and especially the SotFS version, made it into what is arguably one of the best RPGs to date. It doesn't feel like a worthy successor to DaS1, but DaS2 feels like it would avoid such criticism if was literally not called DaS2. The Lore in DaS2 suffers as does the Lore in DaS3, being limited by the mere consequence of being a sequel in the first place.
I still find issues with Soul Memory and Adaptability existing, but nothing can be perfect, I guess.

DaS2 SotFS's pretty solid.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

BrelenRaven
3 months ago#7
DS2 with DLC made it worthy to stand next to DS1. DLC makes DS2 amazing. The level design is true Dark Souls and the bosses aren't pushovers.

Base game DS2 is pretty weak. Levels are meh, some bosses are cool but tend to be easy. Soul Memory sucks -- yes. Adaptability is horrible, but only horrible for the first 2 or 3 hours. Just level Adaptability to get all you i-frames ASAP. Problem solved. It was a problem that shouldn't even be there, but problem solved. XP

I much prefer DS2's combat. It feels smoother. The rolling and weight system is far superior to DS1. Backstabs aren't a f*cking crutch. Magic is viable for PvP. Every weapon class is viable. Actual armor and weapon variety. I could go on.

To say nothing of how DS1's PvP is garbage, full of exploits, necessary min-max, the sea of f***ing ugly builds, lack of diversity in weapons, Poise crutch, backstabs. DS2 eliminates all of those things. They actually tried to fix the horrendous backstabs. And it made a far better PvP experience.

But, DS2 does have it's flaws. Soul Memory, Adaptability, Durability and Hollowing (I never have a problem these two; I love them) And lag. The PvP lag is awful, but I'd take having to stay an extra two feet from the guy then have to deal with any of the crap in DS1.

DS1 has the better world, characters and lore by a longshot.
DS2 has better combat and PvP.
The DS2 is more fun to play, DS1 is more fun to experience.

DS2 is an amazing and -- in my opinion -- a worthy enough sequel to DS1, with DLC. It gets tore apart by the people looking for DS1.5. You can't please those people. Nothing you set in front of them will ever compare to the original Dark Souls, even though there is something. It's called Dark Souls 2 with the Crown of Sunken, Old Iron and Ivory King DLC.
I've been called the Hero of Kvatch, Chosen Undead, Bearer of the Curse, Dragonborn, Courier 6, and the Arisen. But just call me Brelen.

User Info: Artgon

Artgon
3 months ago#8
BrelenRaven posted...
To say nothing of how DS1's PvP is garbage, full of exploits, necessary min-max, the sea of f***ing ugly builds, lack of diversity in weapons, Poise crutch, backstabs. DS2 eliminates all of those things. They actually tried to fix the horrendous backstabs. And it made a far better PvP experience.

I've never played DS2 but from what I hear it was also full of "exploits" and top teir weapons. Min-maxing was absolutely not necessary. I had plenty of success using what I considered fun builds that wouldnt use what were considered top weapons or armor pieces. "Fashion" is subjective. I remember people posting what they considered their fashion set up and I thought most were ugly as f**k(no offense lol). Again poise is a weird topic because it's not a broken mechanic it worked as intended. I thought it was great although I understand why some people dislike it. I rarely had more than 33 poise and liked going poiseless(dragon form)but was glad for the option. If DS2 eliminates these "bad" things I'm glad I never played it.

Now we get to the real reason most DS2 players hate ds1. Backstabs. Honestly I think DS1s backstab system was the closest to perfect. For me it added a whole new aspect to the game. There where so many different ways of going about it that it kept you on your toes. Had they just tightened up the range and angle of where you could trigger it from, it would have been perfect. Can't speak on DS2 but ds3 had a garbage system where you could not punish players who used estus at all. They could literally walk out of a bs.

Ds3 Pve is very good. I would put it on even ground with ds1. Wish it would have kept the ninja ring.

...I mean DS1 sucks and you should all feel bad for liking this game.
Gt:GonzalezA415
Psn:xGonz415x

BrelenRaven
3 months ago#9
Either I was not informed or the list of PvP exploits was really short for DS2. I can't think of any.

DS2 did have it's meta, of course. Red Iron Twinblade, Ice Rapier, ect. But it wasn't as common as DS1. You could actually find people using the plain ol' Shortsword or just a Bastard Sword. Weapon choice was more a matter of preference then necessity. Same with spells. There was top-tier spells, but many spells were perfectly viable in PvP, so you could really use anything.

To be fair, DS1 doesn't offer much in the way of fashion. XD Not many pieces look good together. And there's hardly any pieces to begin with!

Man, still no ninja ring? : ( I love that thing; bulls*** as it may be. XD

BrelenRaven
3 months ago#10
DS1 Poise is... I dunno. I love and hate it. :P Same with DS2 Poise, really.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived