Multiplayer privileges blocked (XBONE)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Multiplayer privileges blocked (XBONE)

User Info: skinnyfatman

skinnyfatman
3 months ago#1
I'm playing DS1 on XBONE BC and just got a 30 day Xbox live gold membership trial. But when I turn the game on, it still gives me the message that my multiplayer privileges are blocked, and it starts the game in offline mode. It also prompts me that I'm signed into xbox live (the little pop up in the top right corner). Any thoughts?

User Info: BurritoGod

BurritoGod
3 months ago#2
You obviously didn't activate your gold membership correctly. Double check to make sure.
GT: WiestdaBeast

skinnyfatman
3 months ago#3
BurritoGod posted...
You obviously didn't activate your gold membership correctly. Double check to make sure.

My gold membership has been activated correctly--as I stated in the post, I see the prompt that I am signed into live. I can also see that it's been activated under subscriptions, and I see all the other gold content, and it works with other games.

skinnyfatman
3 months ago#4
Edit (sorry friends I don't know how to edit my original post...)

Now when I sign on, I no longer get the "privileges blocked" message, but still no messages/summon signs/bloodstains. I can leave my summon sign on the ground. Help!

User Info: well_mannered

well_mannered
3 months ago#5
skinnyfatman posted...
Edit (sorry friends I don't know how to edit my original post...)

Now when I sign on, I no longer get the "privileges blocked" message, but still no messages/summon signs/bloodstains. I can leave my summon sign on the ground. Help!

Sounds like a connection issue. What's your speed and ping?
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
GT: bathoryhordes MP: Belle (Sorcerer level 200) GT2: Primeformula85 MP: Beleg (Ranger level 200)

User Info: Big_Nabendu

Big_Nabendu
3 months ago#6
Make sure you are not in a 360 party. Pribate chat is ok. Party on xbox one is fine too.
Dashboard or die, forest ganker.
GT Nabendu \[T]/ Owner of 500 and Leader of sunbro board

skinnyfatman
3 months ago#7
Thanks all. I'm not in a party, and connection is fine. Speed is about 70 mbps download and 7 mbps upload.

skinnyfatman
3 months ago#8
So I pretty much gave up. Multiplayer works just fine on Dark Souls III, but not on Dark Souls I. I've concluded it simply doesn't work on Xbox One, either because the servers are empty or it's just not supported. Oh well.

User Info: Big_Nabendu

Big_Nabendu
3 months ago#9
That's not true at all

It may not be as busy as once was but it's out there. If you don't see any messages on ground than something is wrong on your end.

I got 1000% proof if it's the game or connection.
Turn human and wait in forest. If you don't get invaded than your internet/connection is messed up.
If Sif is dead than you can't try this.
Dashboard or die, forest ganker.
GT Nabendu \[T]/ Owner of 500 and Leader of sunbro board
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Multiplayer privileges blocked (XBONE)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived