Possibly a bad sign as far as a western version's concerned

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Professional
  3. Possibly a bad sign as far as a western version's concerned

User Info: FivePoundNote

FivePoundNote
6 years ago#1
Joker 2 had a partial English translation in the ROM. Strong evidence of a localisation.

From what I hear of Joker 2 Pro, there's nothing. Nyet. Nada. Not even the stuff they had already translated.

This isn't the end, but that was the only indication we had that it was coming. I now fear the worst.

User Info: King_Zenith

King_Zenith
6 years ago#2
Similar thoughts were going around when Dragon Quest 4 for the DS came with a partial English script, but Dragon Quest 5 and 6 did not. It's not quite the same thing, but there was certainly a fair amount of panicking going on when Dragon Quest 5 hit Japan and had no evidence of an English script.

I'll admit I'm a bit concerned too. I don't think it's in the bag as far as localization probability is concerned, but I remain hopeful that we will get this. I don't know why Square-Enix always has to wait until a month before the game hits stores before they can even admit they are working on it, but that seems to be the modus operandi for them. If / when this game does come west, I doubt we'll be getting much notice.

User Info: RLegacy3

RLegacy3
6 years ago#3
If this isn't localised then it'll be a seriously sour end to the DS's life for me. DQMJ2P looks to be the best instalment since the second, and would be the ideal send off.

User Info: King_Zenith

King_Zenith
6 years ago#4
It would also be the first DQ game for the DS not localized (unless you count the non-pro version or Dragon Quest and Super Mario in Itadaki Street).

User Info: David Cheng

David Cheng
6 years ago#5
This is DQM, not DQ. I think not many DQM games are localized. At least the DQM games on GBA, PS1 & the DQM card battle game on Wii are not localized, not to mention Joker 2.
Most anticipated : Dead Rising 2 : Off the Record (XB360), RE : Operation Raccoon City (XB360), Dragon's Dogma (XB360), Dawn of Fantasy (PC)

User Info: RLegacy3

RLegacy3
6 years ago#6
Caravan Heart on the GBA is the only instalment not to be localised. The PSOne DQM was just a remake of the first two.

The card games aren't part of the Monsters series.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Professional
  3. Possibly a bad sign as far as a western version's concerned

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived