Does anyone else have an DotA alt?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dota 2
  3. Does anyone else have an DotA alt?

User Info: LRN_2_PLAY

LRN_2_PLAY
4 years ago#1
Honestly, having one has really changed my attitude towards the game. I have my srs account where I practice the role I play for my team, play heroes I am very good with and just generally try as hard as possible to play well. I've got a good win ratio there, and it keeps me bouncing nicely between the two upper pools.

But I've also got an account for fun. I use it to play AR, with friends (this was why I made a fun account tbh, got sick of playing support for friends who could literally only farm like 300 gpm as Lycan/AM/Sylla) and just for general fun shenanigans.

It has 2 massive benefits. First off, I don't have to play in the normal pool. I play 50-60% of my games with at least 1 relatively bad friend. Previously, that was enough to drag me back into normal a lot, which ended up with bad quality games. High is hardly perfect, but I find it to be rare for people to flame me for suggesting lane comps/not having farm as a hard support etc, there.

Secondly, it's such a mental relief. Being able to separate between serious and fun is amazing. It means that I don't have friends whining that I've picked BS, or that I'm using a cheesy strat (having said that, according to one friend, using euls into sunstrike= cheese...)

IDK why more people don't do it. It's not as if everyone doesn't have a billion invites and it really does have benefits.
<gfaqs> because yes <gfaqs>
Former TF2 Superstud. Currently looking to add DotA2 to my awful record in competitive gaming.

User Info: funkyfritter

funkyfritter
4 years ago#2
I prefer to just ignore my match history and play however I feel like.
And with that...pow! I'm gone!

User Info: DARKlegend64

DARKlegend64
4 years ago#3
to each his own. I play Dota 1 as of now because it's more complete, although many quitters.
PKMN Black FC: 3568 7240 4459
PKMN White 2 FC: 0004 1159 8660

User Info: Dota2

Dota2
4 years ago#4
had an old account thats gone now so im forced to play on my alt
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif http://i.minus.com/iCYIXeNk27ftW.gif

User Info: LRN_2_PLAY

LRN_2_PLAY
4 years ago#5
funkyfritter posted...

I tried this but seeing as I played a good 60% of my games in a funny way, when I came to playing seriously, I was paired up with...less than stellar teammates and opponents.
<gfaqs> because yes <gfaqs>
Former TF2 Superstud. Currently looking to add DotA2 to my awful record in competitive gaming.

User Info: Art3Zero

Art3Zero
4 years ago#6
funkyfritter posted...

Same.

User Info: darkholyPL

darkholyPL
4 years ago#7
I have one, except I use them kind of backwards. Let me explain what I mean by that: I use my main to troll/try stuff out/in general have fun, and then I use my alt as my 'tryhard' account. Needless to say, the result of this, is that I don't get much exp. @main since I mostly stay in Low priority... not to mention like 33% win rate lol, and the fact that I rarely play it.
"..just scratch any opinion, and underneath it you'll find a human being, trying to justify their own existence." -Richard Jeni
R.o.B id: darkholypl

User Info: iTz_SLammi

iTz_SLammi
4 years ago#8
Was considering making an alt, but just to play ONE specific hero on it ONLY, just for kicks lol
Twitter: @_SammiB
Steam: iTz_SLammi

User Info: ScarletShin

ScarletShin
4 years ago#9
Combine the 2nd and 3rd guy and you have my statement.
...that's just ridiculous; no-one beats Sub-Zero.
  1. Boards
  2. Dota 2
  3. Does anyone else have an DotA alt?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived