"Need Tank!"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dota 2
  3. "Need Tank!"

User Info: cztoh

cztoh
4 years ago#31
A better definition would be a hero that is Durable and an Initiator (in Dota 2 terms)

However only Axe would fit the description due to his first skill forcing people to hit him for a duration

Abaddon would be only 'true' tank due to his ulti

Omniknight makes every one a physical dps tank with his Guardian Angel, he is more of a intel hero than a straight up str hero however

There really isn't any way to define 'tanks' in Dota 2

User Info: acesxhigh

acesxhigh
4 years ago#32
One time some Lich got mad at me as Slardar for slithering around in the teamfight instead of standing there "tanking" 5 enemies at once.

At the end of the game, as expected, he All-Chatted "noob slar can't tank"
Official Ubisoft hater of everywhere
http://i.imgur.com/teH4y.gif

User Info: mario_gamer

mario_gamer
4 years ago#33
acesxhigh posted...
One time some Lich got mad at me as Slardar for slithering around in the teamfight instead of standing there "tanking" 5 enemies at once.

At the end of the game, as expected, he All-Chatted "noob slar can't tank"

I don't know where people get these Strange ideas about the game.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h96/jjj1ddd2sss3/sig2.jpg

User Info: WeegeeIRL

WeegeeIRL
4 years ago#34
cztoh posted...
A better definition would be a hero that is Durable and an Initiator (in Dota 2 terms)

However only Axe would fit the description due to his first skill forcing people to hit him for a duration

Abaddon would be only 'true' tank due to his ulti

Omniknight makes every one a physical dps tank with his Guardian Angel, he is more of a intel hero than a straight up str hero however

There really isn't any way to define 'tanks' in Dota 2

Exactly - Axe is really the only "tank" since any coordinated team would just focus carries first anyway.

Centaur definitely comes to mind as well, but again - nobody in their right mind would be focusing him first in a teamfight.
  1. Boards
  2. Dota 2
  3. "Need Tank!"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived