After 100 games, I still suck. Yay!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dota 2
  3. After 100 games, I still suck. Yay!

User Info: xpiritflare

xpiritflare
3 years ago#1
http://dotabuff.com/players/19133832/matches

102 games to be exact over a 2 month period. Though, I did play dota 1 years back (like 05/06) for about a year. I also watched Ti2 and 3 and follow the in-game guides (usually Purge's or other high-rated ones), so I guess I sort of know what I'm doing? Maybe.
Yeah. "I'm going to turn back time an hour. It'll take about an hour." - AnnaBananaa

User Info: SkrallRampager

SkrallRampager
3 years ago#2
I played Dota for years when it was first a WC3 mod. It doesn't necessarily transfer over well to Dota 2.

A LOT of things have changed. Plus the new engine the game runs on......

User Info: aalnius

aalnius
3 years ago#3
according to many people you wont be good at dota 2 till you hit 1k hours or 400 wins whichever comes sooner
dotabuff.com/players/89497302, iforez.olf.sgsnet.se/dotastats/89497302/
dota2gifs.com/gifs/TI3NaviMouz.gif, http://dota2gifs.com/gifs/nyxnyxnyx.gif

User Info: Volinor7

Volinor7
3 years ago#4
aalnius posted...
according to many people you wont be good at dota 2 till you hit 1k hours or 400 wins whichever comes sooner

Some people just never get good. I have a friend who I play with all the time who has well over 1.5k hours and he is still a really, really awful player. He watches pro games and everything but even after all of his time spent playing he still sucks. It's a mixture of really bad reaction times, lack of game knowledge (not sure how), and a really laid-back attitude
"Numbers in other parts of the world are BIGGER then they are in America. This is because they use the METRIC SYSTEM.1 in America=2.2 in Metric."-PR4Y

User Info: xpiritflare

xpiritflare
3 years ago#5
SkrallRampager posted...
I played Dota for years when it was first a WC3 mod. It doesn't necessarily transfer over well to Dota 2.

A LOT of things have changed. Plus the new engine the game runs on......

One thing that hasn't changed is me as a carry, was terrible back then and still am lol.

Volinor7 posted...
aalnius posted...

Some people just never get good. I have a friend who I play with all the time who has well over 1.5k hours and he is still a really, really awful player. He watches pro games and everything but even after all of his time spent playing he still sucks. It's a mixture of really bad reaction times, lack of game knowledge (not sure how), and a really laid-back attitude

I'm heading down that same path probably.
Other than game knowledge, I feel like I haven't gotten any better.
Yeah. "I'm going to turn back time an hour. It'll take about an hour." - AnnaBananaa

User Info: Esumark

Esumark
3 years ago#6
I've played 997 games and I'm still bad :(
My quest begins
http://i.imgur.com/6CyF3zP.png dota2gifs.com/gifs/nyxnyxnyx.gif

User Info: aNiceLay

aNiceLay
3 years ago#7
I've put in 117 hours in the past month and I still feel as though I suck. I'm either too aggressive or too passive. I have decent games, but most of the time I am just there. Kind of like my Call of Duty track record.

I should get around to playing as all the heroes sometime.
GT: The 17th Bronco
Former Head Priest of the former Church of Won

User Info: Esumark

Esumark
3 years ago#8
Esumark posted...
I've played 997 games and I'm still bad :(

897 turns out I'm still bad at math to.
My quest begins
http://i.imgur.com/6CyF3zP.png dota2gifs.com/gifs/nyxnyxnyx.gif

User Info: ratt80

ratt80
3 years ago#9
It took me 100 game to realize just how bad I really was.

Ive gotten better but it is good to have a realistic view of your skill level.

User Info: SkimGuy

SkimGuy
3 years ago#10
Think about it, 100 games isn't even enough to have played each hero once. You need to play a hero multiple times to know the limits, strengths and weaknesses, not to mention skill, item builds etc.
  1. Boards
  2. Dota 2
  3. After 100 games, I still suck. Yay!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived