Seriously which items are best for mana hungry heroes?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dota 2
  3. Seriously which items are best for mana hungry heroes?

User Info: coldshadowater

coldshadowater
3 months ago#1
Like .. Money wise ofcourse

And, late games?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

User Info: amzgspyderman

amzgspyderman
3 months ago#2
bottle is a staple for most spell spamming heroes, assuming they're mid. bloodstone's way up there for heroes like storm spirit and timber that drain mana fast. eul's is a good, cheap early-mid game item. scythe of vyse, shiva's guard, octarine core are more expensive and situation dependent late game items.
i support #bodypositivity, because when the zombie apocalypse happens, somebody needs to be food.

User Info: afireinside7844

afireinside7844
3 months ago#3
soul ring is great A+. add on treads or dropping your arcanes and u got hecka mana

User Info: TheCoolz

TheCoolz
3 months ago#4
That depends on your definition of mana hungry.

As in low mana heroes with high cost spells? Heroes like Sven fall into this category, but they won't be spamming their spells often, so they really only need a high mana pool.

Or high mana heroes with low mana spells that are spammable and need constant upkeep? Heroes like Skywrath fall into this one, and they much prefer mana regeneration in order to be able to keep casting their spells.

As a support, you can usually benefit from getting a Ring of Basilius into Arcane Boots. A simple Magic Stick will also help you if you engage often.

If you are playing a core, you can afford to get an Infused Raindrop. Raindrop + Basilius provides immense early mana regen while giving an increase in survivability, though you can opt not to get the Basilius and have your partner get it instead. Those types of items will usually be enough to sustain yourself. Static mana regeneration is better than % mana regeneration early on because you don't have enough items and stats to make use of it properly.

Bloodstone is the best mana regenerating item in the game, but the high risk high reward, and the difficult buildup makes it very difficult to obtain on the majority of heroes.

A casual Sage's Mask is probably the best in terms of mana/gold, followed by Void Stone. Euls is the way to go if you are playing a support hero as it is relatively affordable, gives a lot of utility, and provides the third highest mana regeneration rate in the game at 150%, which is tied to 4 other items. Bloodstone provides 200%, and Refresher provides 250%. But because of the passive ability, Bloodstone will give more mana in the long run compared to Refresher.
Sven of the Outcast
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/pap/zlCfzRRiugAvPz6KBJ

User Info: SpinKirby

SpinKirby
3 months ago#5
Every time I play OD, I still run out of mana after maxing his passive.

This leads me into a series of dark thoughts...
In a recent statistical study, it was shown that only 9/10 people want to play DotA 2.

User Info: coldshadowater

coldshadowater
3 months ago#6
SpinKirby posted...

Im with you
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

User Info: afireinside7844

afireinside7844
3 months ago#7
SpinKirby posted...

ignoring your teammates, passive isn't great early or even mid game bc its based on your max mana

you have to play him like any other hero and use mana sparingly and can't just blow it all farming and hope to get it back until u have a couple good int items

i saw the calculation somewhere and ofc can't find it, but you need a surprisingly large amount of mana for it to even out in the long run. ofc you still get a lot back without that much, but it's not a reliable source of mana for quite a while

User Info: Annuit_Coeptis

Annuit_Coeptis
3 months ago#8
biologists trying to do math notlikethis

User Info: DeathScythe_527

DeathScythe_527
3 months ago#9
OD doesn't have consistently infinite mana until you're at like 1200 base mana or something.
Steam/PSN: DANomite93

User Info: xoAxelox

xoAxelox
3 months ago#10
what kind of mana hungry heroes are we talking about here

it varies hero to hero

sometimes you want soul ring, sometimes basi + wand is enough if you have good mana management, etc
PSN: axeei
NNID: sayevan
  1. Boards
  2. Dota 2
  3. Seriously which items are best for mana hungry heroes?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived