How would you feel about zenimax/bethesda purchasing valve

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dota 2
  3. How would you feel about zenimax/bethesda purchasing valve

User Info: ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne
4 weeks ago#1
How would you feel about this. And if Id software, bethesda, and valve worked on a new half life...

User Info: afireinside7844

afireinside7844
4 weeks ago#2
dota 2 for console!! dota 2 for switch!! dota 2 for iphone!!!

User Info: funkyfritter

funkyfritter
4 weeks ago#3
Bad
And with that...pow! I'm gone!

User Info: sherudons

sherudons
4 weeks ago#4
Half completed projects that are buggy as s*** that need the community to fix and improve every single aspect within hours or release.

Unless you like everyone looking like bork scrapped together and moulded onto a skull ofcorse.
Former Meepo Of Gfaq.
Official Techies of Gfaq, sometimes it is not enough to watch the world burn.

ThePenitentOne
4 weeks ago#5
sherudons posted...
Half completed projects that are buggy as s*** that need the community to fix and improve every single aspect within hours or release.

Unless you like everyone looking like bork scrapped together and moulded onto a skull ofcorse.

Bethesda is really getting a lot better with id software just look at doom. I'm pretty sure it would be better getting fun sequels then getting nothing new at all lol.

Also most of those buggy games were games made with the gamebryo engine and creation engine a customized version of the gamebryo engine. But it's and old outdated engine and will no longer be used by bethesda after fallout 4 came out. Rumor has it bethesda is gonna start using the latest versions of Id tech from now on for pretty much all their future games including elder scrolls and fallout games... so I can't see this going wrong with all 3 companies working on new games like half life 3, left 4 dead 3, etc...

User Info: afireinside7844

afireinside7844
4 weeks ago#6
bethesda working on half life or l4d would be disastrous

they don't know how to make good streamlined story based games. half life would turn into go do whatever u want open world s***fest with an awful incoherent storyline

i dont know what u like so much about bethesda. i mean i guess plenty of people like their style but i honestly think bethesda games are boring as heck

User Info: thehelpfulgamer

thehelpfulgamer
4 weeks ago#7
rofl

I just did a quick Google search and Gabe Newell alone is worth $4.1 billion while ZeniMax was valued at $2.5 billion in 2016. It's far more likely Valve would acquire Bethesda. What'd that be like?

*imagines that awesome Skyrim trailer with the Dovahkiin wearing a silly hat*
Bowser: Keeping it real for over 25 years.
Official TREANT PROTECTOR of the Dota 2 Board.

ThePenitentOne
4 weeks ago#8
thehelpfulgamer posted...
rofl

I just did a quick Google search and Gabe Newell alone is worth $4.1 billion while ZeniMax was valued at $2.5 billion in 2016. It's far more likely Valve would acquire Bethesda. What'd that be like?

*imagines that awesome Skyrim trailer with the Dovahkiin wearing a silly hat*

That sucks.... so most likely we will never get a half life 3 or left 4 dead 3 ....

User Info: Annuit_Coeptis

Annuit_Coeptis
4 weeks ago#9
smaller companies can sometimes forcefully buy bigger companies if they're publicly traded, there's some weird financial f***ery you can do

but valve is privately owned. and also gabe is making bank by sitting on his ass and waiting for commissions to roll in from every steam game sold while doing f*** all in return, he would never sell

User Info: thehelpfulgamer

thehelpfulgamer
4 weeks ago#10
The only time he might sell is when he gets old. Does a George Lucas.
Bowser: Keeping it real for over 25 years.
Official TREANT PROTECTOR of the Dota 2 Board.
  1. Boards
  2. Dota 2
  3. How would you feel about zenimax/bethesda purchasing valve

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived