Playing the series for first time with this title

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
  3. Playing the series for first time with this title

User Info: Fabled_Legend

Fabled_Legend
2 years ago#1
To be honest, I didn't think much of the series as me comming from couple Harvest Moon games and while I enjoyed them for a short while I was usually put off by year 2 as the farm gets more time involved and complicated, hearing the game had RPG elements had me interested but still it is a Farm simulation and I was put off.

Well... until the July Big in Japan sale on psn, this for 6 GBP, figured I have alot of free time and it being way less expensive, gave it a try. .... 99.99hrs, safe to say I enjoyed it, the characters, the big differences every season, the gameplay and less hassle of maintaining your crops thanks to monsters. The only disappointing part of the game is finishing it lol, post-game besides marriage potential is seriously lacking, I lost most of the drive since there was nothing rpg wise, no hidden bossses, no bonus dungeons, or a option to remove the island's debt.

I assume this is just the only game that doesn't revolve around farming much and the titles before and after it resumes the Farm sim? Am thinking of trying the rest of the series but not if they are too farm heavy, I dislike being cooped up on the farm because of time constraint or something. I like a bit of freedom this game had.
hmmm a signature, what is the importance of a signature anyways, is it writing your name on it huh?

User Info: j mcdermid

j mcdermid
2 years ago#2
Rune Factory 3 and 4 are probably your speed, especially after you get a barn and some <strike>slaves</strike>monsters to do your farm work for you.

User Info: Fabled_Legend

Fabled_Legend
2 years ago#3
j mcdermid posted...
Rune Factory 3 and 4 are probably your speed, especially after you get a barn and some <strike>slaves</strike>monsters to do your farm work for you.

Cheers for reply, I was looking at rune factory 4 couple times on 3DS eshop but was hesistant on purchasing it. Trailers makes it look pretty fun especially on festivals, farm aspect is where it wasn't delved much into so couldn't make sure, might finally go for it. :)
hmmm a signature, what is the importance of a signature anyways, is it writing your name on it huh?
  1. Boards
  2. Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
  3. Playing the series for first time with this title

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived