Getting back into YGO...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: cov3nanthunt3r

cov3nanthunt3r
6 years ago#1
I grew up playing and watching Yu-Gi-Oh! and I still play some of the old GBA games from a time to time. I haven't played in real life since like... '04 or '05 and don't really have any plans of doing so. However, I really do want to get back into it through the video games now that there is online play. I guess my question is, would this be a good game to get "re-acquainted" to YGO with? I love playing all the older games, but they're half a decade behind the current meta, so I really don't know anything about Synchros/Tuners/etc. Does this game do a good job of teaching those types of cards?

I'm really not sure how many cards from the era I played in are even relevant anymore, so yeah... way behind on the times and want to get back into it.
Brawl FC: 4296-2753-1002
Wii FC: 4664 1733 3513 7984

User Info: natchu96

natchu96
6 years ago#2
There are so many threads like this one now.
And this game isn't half bad to start with. The one thing you should try to understand now first is this: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Synchro_Monster
Trust me. They've singlehandedly dominated the game for years.
Never refer to me by the letters in my username. It's an account name I had during my early school days that stuck. It does not sound too good when pronounced.

cov3nanthunt3r
6 years ago#3
I had a feeling there were, but I didn't feel like going back through stuff and resurrecting an older topic. I've already read that page and pretty much understand how they work, I believe. You say this game isn't half bad--- is there another recent YGO game you would recommend over it? Is the Tag Force series any good? I have both a PSP and a DS so I may get both at some point, but I just want one right now.

How is the online play in this?

User Info: Crater452

Crater452
6 years ago#4
Dude getting back into the card game involves spending hundreds of dollars. just stick to video games trust me.
---dont read this

cov3nanthunt3r
6 years ago#5
If you had read what I wrote in my first post, you would have seen that I said I'm not going to start playing in real life, just the video games.

User Info: esilver9

esilver9
6 years ago#6
the online in this game sucks. however the ingame would be great for acquainting yourself with all the changes to the game.

if you ever want to play online then duel network is the best choice
"the blackwing are bird brains and the light worm are cheap" - shinysalamance
The hardest part of ending is starting again.

User Info: natchu96

natchu96
6 years ago#7
esilver9 posted...
the online in this game sucks. however the ingame would be great for acquainting yourself with all the changes to the game.

It's still only an okay choice, but it's the best choice.
Never refer to me by the letters in my username. It's an account name I had during my early school days that stuck. It does not sound too good when pronounced.

User Info: Loozar

Loozar
6 years ago#8
esilver9 posted...

If you're lucky that is
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dqe5o33Yi01A/610x.jpg
Women's Beach Volleyball, the sport where EVERYONE wins.

User Info: Raph136

Raph136
6 years ago#9
Well, I would recommend WC2008, as it has the most features such as Tournament Mode before the duels became very slow from WC2009 onwards.

User Info: zeldamasterkid0

zeldamasterkid0
6 years ago#10
esilver9 posted...

if you ever want to play then YVD is the best choice

fixd
You know you love him its THE POKEMONFREEK

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived