Trying to unlock full dating for Sheryl

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Macross Triangle Frontier
  3. Trying to unlock full dating for Sheryl

User Info: falchion1984

falchion1984
3 years ago#1
Hey there. I know, from misterbean07, that you need to complete the S.M.S, Civilian, and Military routes in order to fully date Sheryl. But, how can I tell which ones I've finished? S.M.S is obvious, since those initials appear after completing that route, but how can I tell when I've done the others? And, when you finish Academy Mode with a character, but their picture doesn't show them wearing a flight helmet, what does that signify? Please let me know if you can shed some light on this, and thanks in advance.
Its Easy-Peasy. And you were, indeed, on the right track.

The helmet is the clue. SMS, NUNS, and Civvies wear different ones. SMS are round rimmed with side-spikes. NUNS have pointed rims with padded sides. Civilians don't wear one (they wear a variant of Basara's space suit from Dynamite).

Also, the mecha you use in the Academy will tell you. SMS use the VF-25, NUNS use VF-171, Civvies don't fight.

Once you have finished all three routes, start a new game. On January 2058, Week 2, select the top answer to initiate the Festival / Omake route. There are no Vajra attacks during this. Sheryl comes much sooner. That way you have time to complete her story.

falchion1984
3 years ago#3
Dragon Knight Tonal posted...
Its Easy-Peasy. And you were, indeed, on the right track.

The helmet is the clue. SMS, NUNS, and Civvies wear different ones. SMS are round rimmed with side-spikes. NUNS have pointed rims with padded sides. Civilians don't wear one (they wear a variant of Basara's space suit from Dynamite).

Also, the mecha you use in the Academy will tell you. SMS use the VF-25, NUNS use VF-171, Civvies don't fight.

Once you have finished all three routes, start a new game. On January 2058, Week 2, select the top answer to initiate the Festival / Omake route. There are no Vajra attacks during this. Sheryl comes much sooner. That way you have time to complete her story.

Hey there, thanks for the info. It turns out it wasn't needed, however. I did have all three routes completed, I just wasn't able to tell that from the icons. I did, in fact, complete Sheryl's dating cycle a few hours ago. I think the reason I messed up with my previous attempts was that, although I had Omake Mode unlocked, I missed one of those music transitions. So, I didn't realize that it was time for the final date. Sorry if this means I caused you to waste some keystrokes. But, like I said, thanks much for the info, and I'll keep it in mind if I decide to create more Academy characters.
Glad you were able to get it on your own.

Its cool. It was in the guide, anyway. :P

falchion1984
3 years ago#5
Glad you were able to get it on your own.

Its cool. It was in the guide, anyway. :P

On a slightly different note, I've got four male custom characters so far, and I've had them pair up with Miyuki, Yu, Sheryl, and Yui. What about you?
I have a Custom Male and a Custom Female as my mains (not counting the run-throughs for unlockes). Miyuki was my main in the previous games so she is often on my team. I like Yui just 'cause she's kinda stupid. I often have Sheryl in the mix. Mostly my mains fly together, though.

I would have preferred Sivil, but for some reason she isn't playable. I find that odd since she has stats, skills, and a battle sprite (she is hidden in a few missions). Hm.

falchion1984
3 years ago#7
I have a Custom Male and a Custom Female as my mains (not counting the run-throughs for unlockes). Miyuki was my main in the previous games so she is often on my team. I like Yui just 'cause she's kinda stupid. I often have Sheryl in the mix. Mostly my mains fly together, though.

I would have preferred Sivil, but for some reason she isn't playable. I find that odd since she has stats, skills, and a battle sprite (she is hidden in a few missions). Hm.

In MUF, my Pilot was Kagura, with Miyuki being his Partner, Yui as Support, and Yu as the Operator. Others characters that I've used are my custom ones, Sheryl, Klan, Kakizaki, Michael, Roy, and Misa. What about you? Who do you used for Support and/or Operator?
Operators, I cycle. I have no preferences there.

For Support, Yui's heal is nice. So is Elma's area effect revive and heal. Sivil's Spiritia Barrier is helpful. As you can see, I must use the Defensive Supports. Combat Supports take away from my skill.

falchion1984
3 years ago#9
Operators, I cycle. I have no preferences there.

For Support, Yui's heal is nice. So is Elma's area effect revive and heal. Sivil's Spiritia Barrier is helpful. As you can see, I must use the Defensive Supports. Combat Supports take away from my skill.

I often use Clean Sweep if I'm fed up with a mission or farming for Tune or Nyan Nyan points. It's kinda hard to use command skills since the translation guide only gives their positions in the purchase menu. That was fine for MUF, but I don't know all of the skills just by their icons.
I am not sure how else to put them. Its not like I can include the images in the guide.
  1. Boards
  2. Macross Triangle Frontier
  3. Trying to unlock full dating for Sheryl

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived