About Miss Macross 2059

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Macross Triangle Frontier
  3. About Miss Macross 2059

User Info: falchion1984

falchion1984
3 years ago#1
Hey there. On an impulse, I tried something with the level "Miss Macross 2059", the level where you start off by fighting Klan and her wingmen. I assumed that, since it looked like a mock-battle, you weren't supposed to shoot them down, but keep them alive until the end of the level. I was wrong. If you shoot down Klan first, and then take out her wingmen quickly, you'll get a special credit. I'd been banging my head against the wall over that one for a while, so here's hoping this spares somebody a headache or two.
Yeah, taking out Hero Units (even good-guys if they are listed as an enemy) within a dozen seconds of their arrival gives you the ace killer bonus.

falchion1984
3 years ago#3
Dragon Knight Tonal posted...
Yeah, taking out Hero Units (even good-guys if they are listed as an enemy) within a dozen seconds of their arrival gives you the ace killer bonus.

At first, it seemed a little counter-intuitive. But, then again, I probably just waxed nostalgic and thought back to that mock-duel mission in Wing Commander IV. You ever play those games? And, for that matter, you got many double-S scores to your credit?
I did play the Wing commander series. Not the NES ones, but the later ones with the live-action sections.

I have a bunch of SS-Ranks but I can't tell you how many. I never really kept track of that stuff.

falchion1984
3 years ago#5
I did play the Wing commander series. Not the NES ones, but the later ones with the live-action sections.

I have a bunch of SS-Ranks but I can't tell you how many. I never really kept track of that stuff.

Yeah, those were good. The older VGA ones are also worth playing, if you can work them via DosBox. I think there's this website that lets you download DosBox packaged games, which run with a point and a click, but downloads are slow unless you pay a fee. Getting back to MTF, though, I have a grand total of 119 double-S scores. I gotten double-S scores for all the missions in Macross Zero, SDF Macross, Macross: Do You Remember Love, Macross Plus, Macross 7, Macross Dynamite 7, Macross Frontier, Macross Frontier: The False Songstress, and Macross II, as well as fourteen more double-S scores split between the Extra and Survival missions.When I hit a hot streak, I don't fool around. So, in the interest of friendly (maybe) competition, just how many is "a bunch"?
I know about DOSbox. I use it to play older games like Princess Maker.

That is a lot. I can't say off-hand. I haven't played the PSP games since the M30 came out. Like I said, I never kept track on rankings, save for character unlocks. I could look buuuuut Effort.

falchion1984
3 years ago#7
I know about DOSbox. I use it to play older games like Princess Maker.

That is a lot. I can't say off-hand. I haven't played the PSP games since the M30 came out. Like I said, I never kept track on rankings, save for character unlocks. I could look buuuuut Effort.

M30? What is that?
Macross 30. The PS3 game? Didn't you know?

It is the canon sequel they did for the 30th Anniversary of the franchise. Instead of an anime (a new show is coming out this year) they did an Action-RPG kind of like these PSP games. It is based on a world that has a temporal fluctuation aura and inadvertently pulls people out of their own time and in to 2060.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/687898-macross-30-ginga-o-tsunagu-utagoe/images

falchion1984
3 years ago#9
Macross 30. The PS3 game? Didn't you know?

It is the canon sequel they did for the 30th Anniversary of the franchise. Instead of an anime (a new show is coming out this year) they did an Action-RPG kind of like these PSP games. It is based on a world that has a temporal fluctuation aura and inadvertently pulls people out of their own time and in to 2060.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/687898-macross-30-ginga-o-tsunagu-utagoe/images

Most tantalizing! So, were you able to run it? I know the PSP doesn't have region restrictions, but does the same hold true for the PS3? In any case, thanks for the info.
The PS3 is not region-locked, either. I played through it on my NA PS3. Well, twice. Some things are only available in the New Game+ like the YF-30 and Basara.

If you want to get the free DLC that comes with some of the packages, you need to make a Japanese PSN Account. You can find videos on how to do that on Youtube. It only takes, like, four minutes. Once you download it, you can switch back to your NA Account and still use the DLC.
  1. Boards
  2. Macross Triangle Frontier
  3. About Miss Macross 2059

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived