Completing Memories of School

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Macross Triangle Frontier
  3. Completing Memories of School

User Info: falchion1984

falchion1984
3 years ago#31
Dragon Knight Tonal posted...
DON'T get the DS game. Not if you want to play Suikoden. It was just a title they stuck on an unrelated game in hopes of boosting sales. Its fine in its own right, but it has nothing to do with the real Suikoden games.

There are regular novels, too. I think one for each game, which follows that particular plot. that is where people get the Canon names for the main heroes.

The Visual Novels cover the adventures of a spy as he infiltrates the armies of the second game as well as some different plots that surround the characters from that one, most notable the queen of the undead and the dimension-hopping moronic chica. He also later appears in S3 as a playable character (and apparently now married to the queen of the undead).

Go for the GBA Tactics Ogre: Knight Of Lodis. It works nicely after having finished LUCT.

Really? Thanks for the warning. Well, I'll see what other Suikoden games I can find. With luck, I'll find another which doesn't necessitate purchasing new hardware. Anyhow, there's info on google about efforts to translate the material you mentioned to English, so I'll watch for that. Thanks for the tip on Knights of Lodis, by the way. On a side note, I understand that, in the post-game LUCT, it is possible to track down and kill Lanselot Tartaros. Is that canon, being able to kill him, or was it just put in there for fun?
They were all PS1 and 2 games. Although the first is available on PSN and the second was just registered for it.

Lanselot Tartaros lives in Canon. They are saving him in case they want to use him again later. They are found of returning characters in the Ogre Battle series.

falchion1984
3 years ago#33
They were all PS1 and 2 games. Although the first is available on PSN and the second was just registered for it.

Lanselot Tartaros lives in Canon. They are saving him in case they want to use him again later. They are found of returning characters in the Ogre Battle series.

Figures that they'd reuse him. Me personally, I would've had that fight take place in the story, and given Denam an ending-affecting choice about whether to let Lanselot live or not. Letting him go could be canon, with a more mature Denam realizing that killing Lanselot might invite reprisals from Lodis, while the non-canon decision to kill him results in a mention that persistent hostilities with Lodis resulted from his actions.
They already gave you the options to decide the fates of Catiua and Vyce. They don't want to overplay that card.

falchion1984
3 years ago#35
They already gave you the options to decide the fates of Catiua and Vyce. They don't want to overplay that card.

Maybe, but I still think my idea would've made a good plot device.
Well then tell them that. It doesn't do any good to tell me.

falchion1984
3 years ago#37
Well then tell them that. It doesn't do any good to tell me.

Well, the game and its canon is a done deal, so I doubt I'd get far telling them. But, if I try my hand at writing Tactics Ogre fanfiction, that idea could prove useful. In any case, thanks for letting me opine.

User Info: gundambot1

gundambot1
3 years ago#38
wow...after 3 years this board is still active...

looks like i just found a great game D=

falchion1984
3 years ago#39
gundambot1 posted...
wow...after 3 years this board is still active...

looks like i just found a great game D=

The Macross games are great, if you don't mind a little rubber-necking between the game screen and the translation guide. And, in case you don't already know, they run fine on a U.S PSP. The game Dragon Knight Tonal and I were just talking about, Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together - is also great, if you like JRPGs. I beat the game not long ago and am exploring the post-epilogue content.
Indeed, but don't let our conversation stop you from asking any questions.

(^__^)

The Macross games are great, if you don't mind a little rubber-necking between the game screen and the translation guide.

Its crappy but it gets the job done.

Well, the game and its canon is a done deal, so I doubt I'd get far telling them. But, if I try my hand at writing Tactics Ogre fanfiction, that idea could prove useful. In any case, thanks for letting me opine.

Ew. We dunts needs no slash.
  1. Boards
  2. Macross Triangle Frontier
  3. Completing Memories of School

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived