Switching characters

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Duchamp

Duchamp
3 years ago#1
Can you switch characters when you play the game, including operators?
I wonder what King Solomon would do at a situation like this? G_O_D gave him eternal wisdom... - Shinji Murasaki
Yes, you can. The only time that you cannot switch is during the Academy. You have to use your own character. You can make a new character for a different run-through though.

Duchamp
3 years ago#3
Is there a way to do that in the non-Academy mode?
I wonder what King Solomon would do at a situation like this? G_O_D gave him eternal wisdom... - Shinji Murasaki
That depends on what you are asking.

Switch characters? Sure. During the mission select screen you can change your character, wingman, support character, and operator. Also which mecha you are using and any FAST Packs that you have unlocked.

Create a New Character? No. That can only be done in the Academy. It takes about two hours or so because it is a self-contained story mode with mini-missions. Lets you pick you gender, place you are from, special training (all of which influence your base stats). Then you get cosmetic things like favorite color (dictates avatar uniform and starting mecha color scheme). Then comes the story where your choices influence your friends/lovers (which buffs combo attacks), gain ability points (also modified your special training), which are in turn spent to raise your Stats and learn Automatic (passive) and Command (active) Skills.

It is really worth the time for a good custom pilot. The first time through is a tutorial and gives crap points but only takes five minutes to complete.

Duchamp
3 years ago#5
I tried to see if I can change operator. No dice.
You need to purchase that option from the Open Mode section of the Nyan Nyan Shop. I think that Operator Change requires you to complete one Era before it becomes available.

Duchamp
3 years ago#7
Thanks. Is it under Extra?
What, the Era or the Open Menu?

Era is any complete section: SDF Macross, Plus, 7, etc. It is the term they use for a Macross Saga.

Open Menu is in the Nyan Nyan Shop. The Store. Its the place you go to purchase upgrades or unlockables. It has either Sheryl or Ranka as the shop keeper.

Open Menu is the third section down in the shop (I think). I can't tell you which choice unlocks what mode as they change depending on how much of the game you have completed and the prices change based on the number of Large Hearts you have with current shop keeper. I tried to type in the Japanese words for you but GameFAQs scrambles Japanese characters.

Duchamp
3 years ago#9
Thanks for that.
Welcome.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived