Is the main game linear, or is it an open world type game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tomb Raider
  3. Is the main game linear, or is it an open world type game?

User Info: Milla_Maxwell

Milla_Maxwell
4 years ago#1
Was gonna pick this up, but I'm curious how the main game is.
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
http://www.abload.de/img/aonp7v.gif

User Info: BSOAHFF

BSOAHFF
4 years ago#2
The story is linear, yes. However, you're given a lot of leeway and chances to explore, collect and diddle about outside the main story. There are no 'quests' or anything like that--the openness that you're given in the world is pretty much strictly for collecting, exploring and hunting.
Think of me when you do that.

User Info: ablerider

ablerider
4 years ago#3
there are "quests" but they are very simple like "burn 10 flags or collect 10 mushrooms or raid a secret tomb" and once you beat the story mode you can free roam on the areas, each area is like a hub and you can move from one to another with the fast travel option in the main game you can do that too but l heard about some glitches

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
4 years ago#4
It's quite linear, but not as linear as past TR games.
Do you even row?

User Info: moniewitch

moniewitch
4 years ago#5
Is this Tomb Raider have many puzzles like past TOmb Raider's?
Jesus is everyone's best friend & savior
~Everyone get Baptized so you can make it into the Kingdom of Heaven~

User Info: BSOAHFF

BSOAHFF
4 years ago#6
Is this Tomb Raider have many puzzles like past TOmb Raider's?

There are Tombs scattered about, which are little puzzle rooms for you to solve. There are also a few puzzles here and there in the story progression, but there's certainly not as many nor as complicated as Tomb Raiders past.
Think of me when you do that.

User Info: ace68128

ace68128
4 years ago#7
perfect example of a game very similar in linearness (sp?) would be fable 2 or fable 3, hopefully youve played one lol
Gt- Naked Carr0t

User Info: FredCat07

FredCat07
4 years ago#8
ablerider posted...
there are "quests" but they are very simple like "burn 10 flags or collect 10 mushrooms or raid a secret tomb" and once you beat the story mode you can free roam on the areas, each area is like a hub and you can move from one to another with the fast travel option in the main game you can do that too but l heard about some glitches

Also would pretty much limited the enemies once you completed it.
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Tomb Raider
  3. Is the main game linear, or is it an open world type game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived