The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

"Shadow Gulum-Ei" Glitch

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. "Shadow Gulum-Ei" Glitch

User Info: Silver Bearings

Silver Bearings
5 years ago#1
***GLITCH*** - Gulum-Ei disappears after leaving the tavern and the map does not properly pinpoint his location.

***REASON*** - If you do not get outside quickly enough, Gulum-Ei somehow climbs over the main wall, jumps, gets stuck, and cannot be seen. (I saw him glitching up the wall.)

***SOLUTION*** - Get outside before Gulum-Ei glitches all of the way up the wall. If you are able to see him, he will slide back down and proceed normally. If he glitches over the wall, re-load your previous auto-save.

This worked for me, but there may be other ways to solve this glitch.
Do not read this sig.

User Info: da_gama

da_gama
5 years ago#2
That glitch almost happened to me, but I didn't realize until now it was a glitch :|
If you are interested in an ES Roleplay story go to the board in my quote

User Info: justinbomberman

justinbomberman
5 years ago#3
Happened to me and I didn't get a chance to reload a previous save. Any word if this is going to be fixed?

Silver Bearings
5 years ago#4
No word on if it will be fixed. I had to re-load a manual save (all auto-saves were post-glitch) and lost about 60 minutes of play. I manually save often, just in case.
Do not read this sig.

User Info: PresidentEvilNL

PresidentEvilNL
5 years ago#5
I had the same thing. I wanted to shadow him but I was 2 seconds to late. I had to replay 2 hours of gameplay.

User Info: kosmic2021

kosmic2021
5 years ago#6
Lost him in the warehouse. Followed him to the warehouse but all I got was a location indicator. Went into the grotto and it updated my quest to confront him, but still just have an indicator somewhere in the back wall.

User Info: trongjimong

trongjimong
5 years ago#7
I really hope theres going to be a fix because now I cant play the thieves guild on my thief character that ive already put 20 hours into.

User Info: Ricotta_47

Ricotta_47
5 years ago#8
I also encountered this glitch and figured out a fix. I couldn't find this anywhere else, so there should be plenty of people finding this handy:

Once you realize he's glitched, follow his normal path as seen in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqUYXUw34gY

Once you get to the very end, where he finally confronts him in the video, open the console by pressing "~". Type the following text:

"player.placeatme 00013284"

He will appear and continue as though you had been trailing him the whole time.

Now we can all continue the thief guild chain!

Silver Bearings
5 years ago#9
^ - Thank you, but this is the Xbox360 forum. I'm assuming PC people will appreciate this, though.
Do not read this sig.

User Info: thatsimonsguy

thatsimonsguy
5 years ago#10
*** Easiest Fix ***

Tilde for console, type "movetoqt TG04"

Ker blam.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. "Shadow Gulum-Ei" Glitch

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived