The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Valthume -- puzzle door won't open?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Valthume -- puzzle door won't open?

User Info: Wstonefi

Wstonefi
5 years ago#1
So I'm in the Valthume Catacombs, I picked up the Iron Claw, and set the wheels on the door to the right position. I use the claw, and the door won't open. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just a bug? Are there any known workarounds?

Wstonefi
5 years ago#2
bump

User Info: xxxrzrbakxxx

xxxrzrbakxxx
5 years ago#3
odd, i just finished this place right now. The door opened fine for me, you sure you have the right things aligned?
GT: VnW Hurricane

Wstonefi
5 years ago#4
Yeah, I'm sure. Actually, when I first encountered the puzzle door in question, the three rings would not move at all. Figuring it was a glitch, I left Valthume Catacombs and reentered. Now the rings move, but the door still won't open when I have them in the right position.

Good to hear you did the quest without any problems -- at least that means it isn't bugged 100% of the time. I'm going to reload an earlier save and try again. Hopefully I won't run into the bug again this time.

User Info: xxxrzrbakxxx

xxxrzrbakxxx
5 years ago#5
Probably just an unlucky bug then :/
hopefully reloading a save with fix the problem, wish you the best of luck!
GT: VnW Hurricane
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Valthume -- puzzle door won't open?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived