Improving Daedric armor/weapons?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Improving Daedric armor/weapons?

User Info: romana86

romana86
5 years ago#1

I've created a Daedric Bow, but it's a regular level (63 dmg), so my Legendary Ebony Bow has higher damage (90 dmg) right now. I'm trying to improve the Daedric Bow but it won't let me. I have Daedric Hearts, Ebony ingots and ore, a smithing skill of 100, plus gauntlets that allow 20% better improving, and potions that allow for 20% and 30% better improving (multiples of each) - yet the worktable STILL won't give me the option to improve my Daedric bow! What gives?

Is this a glitch or can you not improve Daedric stuff? Because I swear I thought I saw topics where people spoke of improving their Daedric stuff...

User Info: Zegma310

Zegma310
5 years ago#2
You do realize that you use the grindstone to upgrade weapons and not the worktable , right?
Nickles is money too, come on guys...

User Info: Iminyourcloset

Iminyourcloset
5 years ago#3
Worktable is for armour, grindstone is for weapons.
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR

User Info: MC2011

MC2011
5 years ago#4
Grindstone for weapons
Worktable for armor
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger

User Info: Ridinfearspam

Ridinfearspam
5 years ago#5
Grindstone = weapons.

Work table = armor.

I just did it with my daedric bow yesterday, takes an ebony ingot to reinforce it.
Hey look! A shotgun!

User Info: bretopher

bretopher
5 years ago#6
I'm not sure, but I think grindstone is for weapons, workbench for armor.

romana86
5 years ago#7

Zegma310 posted...
You do realize that you use the grindstone to upgrade weapons and not the worktable , right?
---
Nickles is money too, come on guys...

omg... total blonde moment! And I know that because I've upgraded all my armor and weapons lmao

Jesus it's just one of those days guys, sorry! And thanks for the non-douchey replies! haha

romana86
5 years ago#8

Ok, and if anyone else happens to see this, another quick question: So I put on the gauntlets, plus two 2 potions for 20% increase and 1 for 30% increase, and it upgraded my Daedric Bow to Legendary for 98 damage, but now the Legendary Ebony Bow went down from 90 damage to 73 damage... am I being a dip again, or is there a reason for that??

User Info: MC2011

MC2011
5 years ago#9
Potions of similar effects don't stack, so you were better off using just the 30%. Though enchantments do stack, and stack with a potion.

As for the damage decrease... no clue. Did you unequip any enchantments that increase bow damage, like gauntlets?

romana86
5 years ago#10

MC2011 posted...
Potions of similar effects don't stack, so you were better off using just the 30%. Though enchantments do stack, and stack with a potion.

As for the damage decrease... no clue. Did you unequip any enchantments that increase bow damage, like gauntlets?
---

You know, I didn't think I did, but I just went through and checked and apparently I had unequipped one of my pieces that enhance damage. I didn't recall doing that so I didn't even think that was a factor. Thanks for the answer!

1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Improving Daedric armor/weapons?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived