How can you make a follower dual wield weapons?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How can you make a follower dual wield weapons?

User Info: supo

supo
5 years ago#1
i'm trying to get Uthgerd the Unbroken to dual wield.. I've tried different combinations but she either equips two-handed weapons or one-handed & shield. Can she not dual wield at all?
We are not alone...

supo
5 years ago#2
Damn fast board lol bump.
We are not alone...

User Info: waxc3

waxc3
5 years ago#3
My current companion dual wields two different staves (staffs? Lol) but she won't do it with swords so far.
jab, jab, ->, quick kick, fierce punch.
gamertag - waxc3

supo
5 years ago#4
Yea I've noticed that Uthgerd can dual wield staffs, but no swords maces axes. Anyone else have an idea to solve this?
We are not alone...

User Info: JohnnySomething

JohnnySomething
5 years ago#5
Did you try to take away the shield/2-handed sword?

I know Jenassa/Janessa (the dark elf in The Archery shop in Whiterun) dual-wields, so it's possible with at least some of them.

supo
5 years ago#6
JohnnySomething posted...
Did you try to take away the shield/2-handed sword?

I know Jenassa/Janessa (the dark elf in The Archery shop in Whiterun) dual-wields, so it's possible with at least some of them.

Yes I've tried everything I could think of but no luck so far. I wanted her to dual wield since here http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Uthgerd_the_Unbroken it says that its better to give her dual wield or one-handed & shield, and I wanted the former..
We are not alone...

User Info: JohnnySomething

JohnnySomething
5 years ago#7
Well with Jenassa I would give her, say a Sword and a Dagger (never tried 2 longswords now that I think about it, dunno if it matters) and she would usually just equip one, until a battle started, when she would pull out the second.

So, if you haven't, give her both and then get into a battle to see if she pulls out both weapons?

supo
5 years ago#8
JohnnySomething posted...
Well with Jenassa I would give her, say a Sword and a Dagger (never tried 2 longswords now that I think about it, dunno if it matters) and she would usually just equip one, until a battle started, when she would pull out the second.

So, if you haven't, give her both and then get into a battle to see if she pulls out both weapons?

I'm gonna try that right now.
We are not alone...

supo
5 years ago#9
Just tried it, didn't work :( i guess she can't dual wield weapons then..only staffs.
We are not alone...
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How can you make a follower dual wield weapons?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived