Best Bow enchantment for sneaky characters?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Best Bow enchantment for sneaky characters?

User Info: BloodyHug

BloodyHug
6 years ago#1
Main weapon is dual daggers for close-quarter battles and abnormally high sneak damage. Secondary weapon is bow also mostly used to slowly chip away health since I am weak. Planning on enchanting it.

What is the best enchantment for the way I play with a bow prior to Extra Effects?
What about after getting Extra Effects(for future reference)?

EDIT: Master Difficulty.

User Info: Poundx2

Poundx2
6 years ago#2

I do not know what you mean by "extra effects, but having played a sneak/archer build in Skyrim and Oblivion, I have to say my fav enchantment for a bow is damage health. Flat out extra damage. No ice, no fire, no shock or poison. Extra damage to their soul.

BloodyHug
6 years ago#3
By extra effect I mean that perk that lets you have two enchantment on one item. Trying to unlock that but training enchantment takes time.

Also, Charges versus Effect?

User Info: Argyle_Gargoyle

Argyle_Gargoyle
6 years ago#4
paralyze is a great bow enchantment. if the first shot doesnt kill them, they cant move while you line up a 2nd one
Slaughter is the best medicine.
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7944/argylegargoyle.jpg - artwork by masterpug53

User Info: Mareg

Mareg
6 years ago#5
My favorite enchantment for a bow is absorb stamina because it lets you use bullet time longer. I'm getting close to 100 enchanting, and when I do I'll probably experiment with slow and paralyze and see which I like more for second effect.
"Certainty is inversely proportional to faith."
"Thoughtfully worded quotations can make anyone seem profound."

User Info: Poundx2

Poundx2
6 years ago#6

30% effect to 70% charges is how I personally like to set it. When your skill gets high enough you won't need too much help.

User Info: ullr123

ullr123
6 years ago#7
Paralyse or damage health as it means you can take them out without them being able to find you.

When I get the dual enchanting perk I'm gonna add both of them to my bow and be an unstoppable arrow slingin' machine (basically a crossbow) :)

BloodyHug
6 years ago#8
Makes sense, enchant them with damage so that they are unlikely to survive and if they somehow do they can't move before I finish them.

Should I focus on damage with Absorb Health?
Or should I focus on charges instead?
Same question about Paralyzes.

BloodyHug
6 years ago#9
Mareg posted...
My favorite enchantment for a bow is absorb stamina because it lets you use bullet time longer. I'm getting close to 100 enchanting, and when I do I'll probably experiment with slow and paralyze and see which I like more for second effect.

I think Stamina won't be a problem...

BloodyHug posted...
Uh... level 44 now...

I have been adding on Stamina every level except for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40... in those cases I put points into health.

User Info: ullr123

ullr123
6 years ago#10
I personally go for higher damage and carry round loads of soul gems. I have 1 of my daggers enchanted with soul trap so they're always full. That way when it runs out I can just quickly recharge it. That's my preference though
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Best Bow enchantment for sneaky characters?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived