Is there a "best" follower to have?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Is there a "best" follower to have?

User Info: thehikikomori

thehikikomori
5 years ago#11
None.

This. I tried to keep a follower around for a while but as my destruction magic got stronger, it became too difficult to keep the follower alive. I suppose I could have brought along an archer or some other longer distance follower but they also have a penchant for triggering traps so I just got sick of them and stopped using them with my mage. I can't say I miss them because its simplified gameplay not dealing with something getting in my way.

User Info: veggie530

veggie530
5 years ago#12
LOL PapRosario23.

User Info: veggie530

veggie530
5 years ago#13
Walkman_005 posted...
The best follower, are the ones you meet latest in the game

For example I would love to use Aela but I met her at level 2 probably. Her level is set to 2. Forever

Now I met my housecarl in Riften at level 40 and she is level 40 and never takes a knee and does serious damage

Seriously? That's why Lydia keeps getting manhandled.

User Info: TheNoctarius

TheNoctarius
5 years ago#14
They could've given someone an amulet that stops followers from dying. Might even be an assride to get it.
The way it is I don't use any follower, as I don't want them to die...
Admiration is the emotion furthest from comprehension.

User Info: BobbySpokane

BobbySpokane
5 years ago#15
UnholyMudcrab posted...
Boone.

^This

He was a beast in NV.
http://imgon.net/di-KK8S.gif

User Info: thebalancexx

thebalancexx
5 years ago#16
Wait, a follower's level "locks"?
So if I go back and reuit Fendall again, he'll just die over and over and over and over. (I'm 37 now, got him at 3)
I don't believe you. I've been using Erandur for a long time now, and he keeps getting better and better.

IMO it's all about finding someone who helps your weak areas. I use a mage, because I'm a warrior... well, that's if I use anyone at all. I'm more of a Theif/Fighter but that's a little to D&D I guess.
GamerTag: FallenAzraelx

User Info: WestSdeNleVrus

WestSdeNleVrus
5 years ago#17
Supposedly that girl you meet in the bar/inn that has the redguard woman in whiterun who you need to fist fight to get levels up with you.

User Info: Sczoyd

Sczoyd
5 years ago#18
I'd say the best follower depends on your playstyle. If you're a melee character you'll want an archer or a mage, and if you're an archer or mage you might want a character who can take a beating for you.
[Evil Republican]

User Info: Poundx2

Poundx2
5 years ago#19

DerekNJ posted...
None.

The end.

^This.

User Info: Walkman_005

Walkman_005
5 years ago#20
thebalancexx posted...
Wait, a follower's level "locks"?
So if I go back and reuit Fendall again, he'll just die over and over and over and over. (I'm 37 now, got him at 3)
I don't believe you. I've been using Erandur for a long time now, and he keeps getting better and better.

IMO it's all about finding someone who helps your weak areas. I use a mage, because I'm a warrior... well, that's if I use anyone at all. I'm more of a Theif/Fighter but that's a little to D&D I guess.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Followers

Read the follower stats part
They do indeed lock to your level
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Is there a "best" follower to have?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived