ok, so i kill the dragon at Skyborn Altar, but when i get to the word wall.....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. ok, so i kill the dragon at Skyborn Altar, but when i get to the word wall.....

User Info: Lionheart159

Lionheart159
5 years ago#1
i can hear the whooshing sound that they usually give off, but the game doesn't let me learn a new word, it just kinda.....whooshes...
has this happened to anyone else?
I drank from Death's cup, and he stared in astonishment as I asked for more.

Lionheart159
5 years ago#2
*bump*

User Info: Highpitchsolo

Highpitchsolo
5 years ago#3
i have experienced this on word walls that I have already learned the word from, but never a new word wall. are you sure you haven't already been to that wall before?

User Info: 0UT0FTH3G4M3R

0UT0FTH3G4M3R
5 years ago#4
If you already know the word/been to that wall before, it won't do the "glowing/gets dark for a second" thing.

Lionheart159
5 years ago#5
i thought that there were 3 walls for each thu'um, and finding all three was the only way that you could max them out.

the skyborn alter wall teaches frost breath (or something dealing with ice), i have found it before on a different wall, but this was my first time going to skyborn.

User Info: KingBabyCub

KingBabyCub
5 years ago#6
It happened to me once, I had to fast travel back to it (even if it's from there, to there) and it reset it and let me learn it
http://www.last.fm/user/KolbyKolbyKolby
http://i.imgur.com/Q9woy.jpg

User Info: James43090

James43090
5 years ago#7
Lionheart159 posted...
i can hear the whooshing sound that they usually give off, but the game doesn't let me learn a new word, it just kinda.....whooshes...

it's a glitch where you cannot learn the word on a wall. Reload past save before killing the dragon.

Lionheart159
5 years ago#8
James43090 posted...
Lionheart159 posted...

it's a glitch where you cannot learn the word on a wall. Reload past save before killing the dragon.

ive tried that, multiple times, its the same every time

Lionheart159
5 years ago#9
KingBabyCub posted...
It happened to me once, I had to fast travel back to it (even if it's from there, to there) and it reset it and let me learn it

tried that too, still nothing

Lionheart159
5 years ago#10
*bump*
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. ok, so i kill the dragon at Skyborn Altar, but when i get to the word wall.....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived