Staffs and Perks

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: michael2012

michael2012
5 years ago#1
I know they don't raise your destruction or whatever they are, level, but do perks in say, destruction, apply to a staff with destruction magic?

Like the augments and such. I ask because I am thinking of using a new character who relies on staffs only when it comes to magic, while having melee weapons for other situations

Also, sorry, but one more thing... where can I find a decent staff to start with at a low level?

Thanks in advance and I apologize for being ignorant of this despite having the game since launch.
"Together, there's nothing we can do!" - "Shh, the ears have walls..." - My phrase-challenged friend, Sito
Proud Christian and gamer.

User Info: elguerodiablo

elguerodiablo
5 years ago#2
If you have fortify gear that reduces the cost of spells it will give you more charges to use with the staff.
TEATIME! B:^o

User Info: LordMagus

LordMagus
5 years ago#3
Yes, higher skill level/reduced cost enchantments affect how many charges you get out of a staff, and the fire/ice/lightning Destruction perks affect how much damage you do with staffs.

As for where to get staffs early... I think you're guaranteed to get a decent mid-grade lightning staff in Saarthal (first dungeon of the Mages College questline). You get a pretty good wall of fire staff from doing the quest Repentance at Darklight Tower (Southwest of Riften).
Say, can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper...

User Info: elguerodiablo

elguerodiablo
5 years ago#4
The dragon priests have great staffs and one of them, i cant remember which sorry, is alone on top of a mountain so that one would be pretty easy. If you do illia's quest you get a good staff as a reward. The wikis dont say anything about them being level dependant.
TEATIME! B:^o

User Info: michael2012

michael2012
5 years ago#5
Thanks so much guys. I'll up my destruction skill before anything else like quests, then stick to using staffs. Maybe a staff and shield for some situations as well.
"Together, there's nothing we can do!" - "Shh, the ears have walls..." - My phrase-challenged friend, Sito
Proud Christian and gamer.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived